Hotwire Hotel: Chicago: McCormick Place - South Loop - Soldier Field area Hotel, 4.5 Star hotel, August 27-31

happy2bid
By happy2bid,
in

Hi guys, nifty forum! First time poster, please forgive me if I missed anything in regards to etiquette/protocol.

I am trying to book a Hotel in Chicago for August 27-31. For $102/night I see one in the zone "McCormick Place - South Loop - Soldier Field area Hotel", 4.5 stars, 95% recommended. Any help in identifying it before I book? I am a bit unsure if the area is good (close to the touristy areas) so the price could be fantastic or barely much of a deal depending on location.

Also, while Hotwire phone representative seemed to have no idea what I was talking about, under "Room Type" it says "Free Cancellation", despite the fact that this is a secret rate deal. If I book it and screenshot that, and for whatever reason need to cancel later, can I get them to refund it based on the screenshot?

Welcome to BetterBidding!

For future posts, please list the amenities HOTWIRE associates with the hotel you're looking at so we are sure that we're looking at the same property when we replicate your search.

Please run a new search using our BiddingHelper.com tool at the top of this page. Once the search is completed, use the EASY VIEW TAB and click the GREEN BUTTON next to this listing to view the complete set of amenities.

This is what I see when replicating your search,

Free Internet
Indoor Pool
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Wheelchair Accessible

..If this is what you see would my guess be Hyatt Regency McCormick Place

If I book it and screenshot that, and for whatever reason need to cancel later, can I get them to refund it based on the screenshot?

Yes, a screenshot is a good idea since this is a new feature that HOT.WIRE is trying out with a few select properties. I haven't used it myself but I believe there's a link you should click to cancel your reservation.

Keep us updated on your progress and let us know what you ultimately decide or if we can be of further help. 

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Yellowdog.

This is not a good area from a tourist perspective - it's a ways South of town, requiring either cab or train to get to the Loop. This is primarily an area best suited for people who are going to a convention at McCormick. If the Hyatt is cheaper, it's because there is likely no convention at this time. It's rarely seen but HOTWIRE is testing "free cancellation" on some listings.

I'm seeing a 4* in the Downtown-MP-GP area for $118 (you may see a slightly different price) w/Restaurant, Fitness, Smoke Free, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Wheelchair Accessible, Roll-in Shower.

-- Would likely be the Hyatt on Wacker. Much, much better location for $16 more per night.. There are a few other appealing options in the $130ish neighborhood. With central options for not much more than the Hyatt McCormick, I really would suggest staying downtown instead.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

I have personally canceled a reservation without any issue.

The FREE CANCELLATION button didn't work (couldn't click on it) but was able to cancel with a phone call to customer service.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]