BWI to LAX

Rebecca934
By Rebecca934,
in

Hoping to go from BWI to LAX for anywhere from 7-20 days this August but I'm pretty flexible so I'm not sure what the best way to plan/book is. I've been looking at the Name Your Price tool but it wants a lot of specificity and I'm really just hoping to get the best deal.

I would like to depart/return between 8/3/15 and 8/21/15 - it doesn't matter which days. I can fly into LAX or Bob Hope (Burbank) - it makes no difference. I would prefer to fly out of BWI as I live 45 minutes east of there, but DCA is not a difficult commute so I am also willing to go from there - and would be open to flying out of IAD (Dulles) if it were going to save me perhaps more than $50 or $100.

Any flight experts have any advice? Should just choose some dates and try to see if I get low bids accepted? I'm totally new to Priceline.

Rebecca,

Some good tools:

1 - http://matrix.itasoftware.com  - sometimes referred to as "ITA"

It lets you use a range of dates, and nearby airports.  Very powerful.  A bit of a learning curve, but totally worth it.

2 - www.kayak.com - lots easier but not as powerful.

3 - https://www.google.com/flights/ - same comments as Kayak.

Any of these can give you an idea of where the low spots are.  And then you can try to do better than that for those dates via bidding.  It looks like somewhere around $350 is the number to beat.  But also check the smaller airlines lines like Spirit and Jet Blue.  Sometimes they have some surprising deals.

Romelle

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please start by reading your messages (which will also remove the red box at the top of the page and make the board easier to navigate)

Using the tools above, what is the best rate (and for which dates and routing), are you able to find?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]