Hotwire Hotel: 3* Magnificent Mile Area - River North

HWTravel
By HWTravel,
in

Trip is from 9/10 - 9/13. 

First time to Chicago so really don't know the area at all.  A few friends recommended that I stay in Mag Mile River North area.

I plan to be on foot walking most of the time, so location to most sites is important.

I would prefer to book a 4* hotel.  But after taxes on hotwire it seems to be a bit out of my budget.

I'm looking to spend between $150 - $160 / night after tax.

Right now found the following 3* through hotwire.

Need help identifying the following.

Bidding Helper shows the following for Amenities:

• Smoke-free rooms
  • Fitness Center
  • Business Center
  • In-Room Accessibility
  • Roll-in Shower

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

This would be a likely match for the Inn of Chicago, which gets some mixed reviews but couldn't be in a better location.

I'm very familiar with the area - let me know if you have any questions at all.

Please keep us updated with what you decide and let us know if you have any questions.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Thanks Aaron for the quick reply!  If possible please help ID the below hotels.

Also, do you think the hotel pricing may potentially go down for the 4 stars?  Since the trip is not for another month or so, I don't necessary need to book right away.

Another question.  I checked the EL pricing and it makes sense to get the CTA 3 day passes for $20.  Do you happen to know if the CTA includes to and from airport too?  Also, if I can travel by EL, would that open up the areas I can stay at for hotels?  If yes, any suggestions on areas?  TIA!

Downtown - Millennium Park - Grant Park

3 stars 45% recommend

$110

AMENITIES:

Fitness Center
    Restaurant(s)
    Business Center
    Self-service laundry
    Internet access
    Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking

Chicago Loop - Theater District

3.5 stars 90% recommend

$121

AMENITIES:

Free Internet
    Pet friendly
    Fitness center
    Restaurant(s)
    Business center
    Internet access
    Golf nearby
    Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking
    Roll-in shower

Chicago Loop - Theater District

4 stars 90% recommend

$137

AMENITIES:

Free Internet
    Smoke-free rooms
    Fitness center
    Restaurant(s)
    Business center
    Self-service laundry
    Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom
    Roll-in shower

The issue with the Loop becomes if you wind up in the West portion of the Loop or South portion, these areas can be quiet/very quiet at night/on weekends. There is no way to know if rates will go down closer to the stay, but there have been more instances of rates staying similar or going higher in the years after 2008, so keep in mind that waiting may pay off but it's not without risk.

For the 3* Downtown-MP-GP, do you really want a listing that gets a 45% approval rating from people who paid a discount? This would likely be the Congress Hotel, which I wouldn't recommend. I'd much, much rather take the Inn of Chicago.

The 3.5* Loop would likely be the Crowne Plaza Metro, which is very inconveniently located at the far W border of the zone.

4* Loop  - when I click on the listing, it says "no longer available".

Please keep us updated with what you decide and let us know if you have additional questions.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Thanks for the help Aaron.  I ended up not going with Price.line or Hot.wire for booking.

I was able to get the Hyatt Place Chicago Downtown for $155/Nt after tax.  Reading the reviews it looks like it'll be quiet at night.  But it's located close to a train stop.  So I think it should be ok (crossing fingers)

Thanks Aaron!

Thanx for the follow-up and closing this thread.

When PRICELINE or HOTWIRE don't work for your needs for a given trip, please book thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com... or thru our Support Page where we have links to most of the major hotel chains and online booking agencies.

Have a nice stay.

Yellowdog.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]