Hotwire Hotel: Riviera Maya 3.5*

leahb
By leahb,
in

We're looking for a February vacation week in the Mayan Riviera--there's a 3.5* hotwire listing with 11 amenities: resort, food & bev, nightlife, pool, beach, golf nearby, a la carte restaurants, bus. ctr., daily activities, fitness ctr. & restaurants. Sounds like the same resort--Grand Oasis Riviera Maya--as someone found in October, but I'd love to be sure. Any thoughts? (Go Blue!)

Hi there,

(When did you go to Michigan? I graduated in '75...)

Anyway, looks like now we'll go for the 3rd week of April instead--April 15 to 22, ideally. So now I see there's a boutique hotel for $147 and nothing else in that location for those dates. We'd rather do an all-inclusive so there are no decisions to make...

Thanks for running this site!

Leah

I have found a place that offers some pretty good deals on the Palace Hotels. We stayed at the Moon Palace... the price was good but we didn't like it very much (i don't think we'd return), but if you're interested in any of the Palace Resorts let me know via PM.

Before the Moon Palace, we stayed at Ceiba del Mar... very quiet and intimate and has a meal and/or drink package available... but also very expensive (we were there on a package deal which is no longer offered... but we will someday return).

UofM class of '90

Go Blue.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 4 weeks later...

Hello again,

We haven't found anything that looks like a great deal on hotwire for riviera maya for Feb vacation week (20-27 are our dates) but a place we stayed at last year is pretty sweet, relatively small, and on sale right now on Hotels.com, all-inclusive for $240/room/night. I was pretty stunned to see that Palace rates are per person...

If anyone has any info out there about more riviera maya options, I'd love to know about them.

Leah

go blue! (not tellin' my class!)

go blue! (not tellin' my class!)

You already did above :)

If you do move forward with the property above please remember that this board is an affiliate of Hotels.com and use our links to begin your purchase.

The rate seems pretty good for all-inclusive... as long as the food and drinks are good (which was a problem we had at the Palace Resorts)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Oh yeah, guess I did. :)

Since you know so much about travel and online booking, :) may I ask one more question? I already did the Hotels.com booking (sorry, I didn't go through your site, I'll never make that mistake again!) and the resort is charging an "extra person in room" fee for our daughter who's 14. If I book a place on hotwire, they don't seem to be doing that.

Do you have any experience or knowledge about showing up at the hotel, they seeing you have 2 kids, and then charging you an extra fee? Or is the hotwire deal the end of it? They just give you the room? The extra fee is a lot $90/night, so it's worth figuring out how to get around it.

thanks,

Leah

When you are checking the Hotwire rate, are you including the true number of people in your party? If so, the price is for the number of people you included in your search (note that the default is 2adults/0kids, so if traveling with children you'll need to adjust accordingly).

At all-inclusive properties you need to be truthful with the number of people in your group. Most operate on a wristband policy (to show you are a guest at that property) and you'll only be given as many wristbands as the number of people you book.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]