Hotwire Hotel: 4* Chicago (Downtown - Millennium Park - Grant Park) Hyatt Regency Chicago

bunty44
By bunty44,
in

I will be reaching Chicago on 9th sep night and have a flight at 4 pm on 12th Sep. I would like to stay illenium park loop and North Michigan Ave area only as they are close to all major sight seeing/attractions.

I am coming with my wife and 5 year son

Which hotel is best for these dates under $150. 

What hotel I will get for 3.5 or 3 star and how much bid should I put...First time on Hotwire/Priceline so need expert advice

Welcome to Betterbidding.

We cannot tell you exactly which hotel you will get via bidding - the trade-off with the bidding process on PRICELINE is that you have to be willing to accept ANY hotel at the star rating picked in the zone/s selected. You can see the list of hotels reported to the board here: Priceline Hotel List Illinois, but - as noted at the top of the list - that list only offers what has been reported to the board and information can change at any time.

Additionally, Price.line only guarantees one bed, double occupancy. Hot.wire is a better choice as you can indicate the amount of people in the party and ensure some form of bedding for the party.

I'm seeing a 4* on Hot.wire for these dates in the downtown-millennium park-grant park zone for $130 w/Restaurant, Fitness, Smoke Free, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Wheelchair Accessible, Roll-in Shower.

-- This would be a likely match for the Hyatt on Wacker, which has been seen with this amenity set previously. If this is that Hyatt, it couldn't be a better location in terms of being right by the Michigan Ave bridge - the Art Institute and Millennium Park are just to the South, Michigan Ave shopping is to the North just over the bridge.

I'm seeing a 3.5* Mag Mile-RN hotel for these dates for $124 w/Restaurant, Pool, Indoor Pool, Fitness, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Laundry, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Roll-in Shower.

-- This would be a likely match for the Holiday Inn Mart Plaza, which is not as conveniently located in River West, but it's not a far walk to the River North area, which has a lot of restaurants. The other positives about this property are: there's a little bar area off to the side of check-in that has fantastic views of the river, plus there's an "L" stop right nearby.

You may see slightly different prices on Hot.wire.

Please let us know your thoughts on the above.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

I will be coming with my wife and 5 year kid...Please help me identify below mentioned hotels and which is the best deal among all. Appreciate your time.

Dates: 9/9 - 9/12

1. Downtown - Millennium Park - Grant Park - 4* $130

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Wheelchair accessible, Accessible bathroom, Roll-in shower

2. Downtown - Millennium Park - Grant Park - 3* $119

FULL AMENITIES: Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking

3. Magnificent Mile Area - River North -3* $115

FULL AMENITIES: Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Business center, In-room accessibility, Roll-in shower

4. Magnificent Mile Area - River North - 3.5* $125

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Indoor pool(s), Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

4* Millennium Park-Loop-GP $130

-- Likely Hyatt on Wacker

3* MP-Loop-GP $119

-- Likely Congress. NOT RECOMMENDED.

3* Mag Mile-RN $115

-- Likely Inn of Chicago. Would rather the potential Hyatt for $15 more.

3.5* Mag Mile-RN $125

-- Likely Holiday Inn Mart Plaza. Would be okay and has its positives, but the Hyatt for $5 more is preferable.

Please keep us updated with what you decide and let us know if you have additional questions.

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread. Once you win a hotel, use the 'ADD REPLY and REPORT WIN' button on the lower right corner of the page to edit the topic title to reflect your win and to provide the details of your purchase. This helps keep the board better organized by reducing the number of unresolved threads that don't have any follow-up or conclusion.

The "Last person got ___" information shown by HOTWIRE is in relation to the last person who bought a hotel in this zone at this star leve, not relative to the specific hotel currently being offered.

I will add that i agree with AaronJB that this is the Hyatt, if it gives you some peace of mind... this offer is 95% recommended by previous HOTWIRE guests, and gets 4.5/5.0 across the board for all the criteria that hotwire asks previous guests to comment on. So even if it is some other property... at $130/nite for triple occupancy in a 4* hotel in a large metropolitan city, how bad could it be given the positive feedback of previous guests? ;)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

PS- any decision/update on your Niagara Falls or NYC trips? Please post an update with your current thoughts or any decision you have made for those legs of your trip.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

As noted, the "last person bought" is not necessarily the underlying hotel - it is the last hotel that someone bought at that star rating in that zone. My guess would remain the Hyatt. I would really not recommend a 2* in the MP-Loop-GP area, especially when you have a 4* option for a little over $30 more.

If the 4* is the Hyatt, you will be right off Michigan Ave near the bridge. Michigan Ave shopping to the North right over the bridge, Art Institute/Millennium Park to the South a few blocks. If the 3.5* is the Holiday Inn Mart Plaza, you are in the far SW corner of the zone. It's a bit of a walk to River North restaurants and more of a walk to Michigan Ave. However, the "L" station is right nearby at the Mart Plaza. 

If the 4* is the Hyatt, is the potential location worth $13 more to you. If you are focused on Michigan Ave, it's more of a walk from the potential Holiday Inn.

PS- any decision/update on your Niagara Falls or NYC trips? Please post an update with your current thoughts or any decision you have made for those legs of your trip.

2x

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]