Hotwire Hotel: 2.5* Tampa Airport-Westshore Doubletree

crustycruises
By crustycruises,
in

Just to clarify the above:

with an airport shuttle and a cruise terminal shuttle would be nice, but not a requirement.

Is a airport shuttle a requirement and a pier shuttle would be nice, or do both of these fall under the category "it would be nice"?

You can't guarantee a shuttle (airport or pier) with Priceline, although i think you'd have a better chance of an aiport shuttle in the airport zone than the downtown zone. On the other hand, i think the downtown zone would be a little more likely to accept a lower bid. Personally, i prefer to stay as close to the cruise pier as i can, as it makes it just a little easier to handle any problems that may go wrong (taxi/car trouble, traffic, need to go back to hotel due to forgotten suitcase/item, etc).

With that said, you can start with either of the following strategies based upon which zone you prefer, and then if rejected, try the other strategy:

Strategy 1 (targets Downtown zone):

Select 3* Downtown...

bid $37, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

bid $40, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

bid $42, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

bid $45

Strategy 2 (targets Airport zone):

Select 3* Airport...

bid $40, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

bid $45, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

bid $47, if rejected add re-bid zone and...

bid $50

If both of the above are rejected, you post back because you'll have one more bid available (which i'll explain to you at that time) before having to wait 72 hours.

If you're not familiar with re-bidding, read this post: Re-Bidding Explained and then feel free to ask any questions or ask for confirmation of which zones you think are re-bid zones for this area.

Let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

If the airport shuttle is an absolute MUST, then i don't think you can chance using Priceline as there's no guarantee of a shuttle.

On the other hand, Priceline is usually a little cheaper than Hotwire, so depending upon how much cab fare is, it may be worth the chance of going with Priceline. If cab fare is cheap enough and the Priceline hotel doesn't offer a shuttle, then the money you saved by going with Priceline over Hotwire would go towards the shuttle... if the hotel you get thru Priceline does have a shuttle, then it's just more savings for you to spend on your crusie :)

One add'l caveat... i know of two examples (one in Chicago, one in Newark) where the shuttle icon was present but there was a charge to utilize it)

I have also just added some hotels to the Hotwire Tampa Hotel List (near the last post in the thread). Although i couldn't identify the 2.5* hotel shown in your search, it may be able to help you disqualify some hotels that you think it may be.

Let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]