Hotwire Hotel: 4.5* New Orleans (French Quarter - Bourbon Street) Sheraton New Orleans Hotel

darkslide29
By darkslide29,
in

Hello, I am new to the forum and so far this site has been very helpful. I have learned a lot already. I would like to request some help in identifying a couple of hotels that I hope to book in the next day or two. I have read over the FAQ and will be using the links provided so that proper affiliate credit is given, and share my results so that it helps others in the future. Thank you so much in advance.

Travel/ hotel dates: Friday, July 31 to Tuesday, August 4 to New Orleans, LA.

4.5* (Original Price $239) for $97 French Quarter/ Bourbon Street Area

90% recommended rating

Amenities: Business Center, Fitness Center, Internet Access, Pet Friendly, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Smoke Free Rooms

4* (Original Price $179) for $131 French Quarter/ Bourbon Street Area

85% recommended rating

Amenities: Business Center, Fitness Center, Internet Access, Pet Friendly, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Spa Services

If possible, in case we decide to splurge, I am also curious about the only 5-Star hotel that comes up in the search for New Orleans, LA. My suspicion is that this is the Windsor Court Hotel because under the "Hotels" listing (as opposed to the Hot Rate Hotels listing), it is the only 5* hotel that appears by name, and amenities such as the free wifi and spa services match. But, even for something that may be obvious, since I am new to this I figured to ask. :)

5* $206 per night, French Quarter/ Mississippi River Area

100% recommended rating

Amenities: Boutique Hotel, Business Center, Fitness Center, Free Internet, Pet Friendly, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Spa Services

Thanks so much again for the help!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

I believe there are more amenities then what you have posted above as HOTWIRE has a new interface that does not show the complete set of amenities unless you click thru a few extra links.

If you repeat your search using our BiddingHelper.com tool... use the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW tab and then click the GREEN BUTTON next to each of these listings, do you see more amenities then what you have listed above?

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Ah yes, my mistake. That makes much more sense now. I re-ran the search with the BiddingHelper.com tool just now. The results changed a bit, so I narrowed myself down to two hotels, below:

Travel/ hotel dates: Friday, July 31 to Tuesday, August 4 in New Orleans, LA.

4.5* (Original Price $239) for $96 French Quarter/ Bourbon Street Area

90% recommended

FULL AMENITIES: Pet friendly, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Roll-in shower

4* French Quarter / Mississippi River area hotel  (Original Price $192) for  $85  [i tried doing a careful comparison myself and believe this one is the Hilton?]

90% recommended

FULL AMENITIES: Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Tennis nearby, Spa services, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

Thanks again, we will likely book today using the links provided, and I will share my results afterward.

Best guess for the 4.5* would be the Sheraton and for the 4* the Hilton Riverside.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know which you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks very much for the advice and your best guesses. I am happy to see that we agree on the 4* likely being Hilton Riverside. Do you mind my asking for your thoughts on the 4.5* being the Sheraton? I am just very curious and it will help my narrowing down hotels in the future.

The reason I ask is because Hot.wire scratched off an original price of $239 to show the sale price $97. Then, after inputting the amenities on the listing of hotels with normal prices and names, I narrowed it down to Sheraton or the Ritz-Carlton (unless I made a careless mistake on amenities). At 4.5* these are the two I was left with in my search results. Since the Ritz shows a normal price of $239, I leaned toward it being this property. The Sheraton seemed like a possibility, but the normal price is only $119 or so, not close to the 60% discount quoted on the sale page.

For my own education in figuring out hotels, in my elimination process should I simply ignore the "orignal price" they crossed out? And instead focus on what the closest sale price versus the normal is? Or perhaps this is more of a toss up and it is better to err on the closest-to-normal-price option. Thanks.

The original price is not something that should be relied upon. The "original price" listed on HOTWIRE is not the service giving you the price of the underlying hotel - it's a compilation of prices from "comparable hotels" for your dates.

Please keep us updated on what you decide and let us know if you have additional questions.

You can also see the hotels that have been reported to the board here: Hotwire Hotel List New Orleans.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Thanks again for your prompt replies and help. I went ahead and booked the 4.5* Hotel for $96 using your HOTWIRE link, and it was indeed the Sheraton as expected. We are happy. :D

Out of curiosity, have you heard of or have any tips for using the "$20 dollar trick" at hotels in cities outside of Vegas? I have slipped a $20 or $50 bill to the hotel clerk with my credit card at check-in, and ask for any available upgrades, if available. This usually works in Vegas.

Thank you for sharing your result with the board.

Out of curiosity, have you heard of or have any tips for using the "$20 dollar trick" at hotels in cities outside of Vegas?

I'm sure this happens but why not just ask if they have an upgrade when you arrive so you don't put the clerk in an awkward situation. 

Enjoy your stay.

Yellowdog.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]