Hotwire Hotel: 4* Newark (Jersey City) Hyatt Regency on the Hudson

Patty42day
By Patty42day,
in

Hi! Since I can't afford NYC, I really want to stay at the Hyatt Jersey City where I stayed last year early March (it was a GREAT hotel - especially at $47), but I haven't seen any recent winning posts on this one and now there's also Doubletree at 3* now too (don't think there was concern about that last year) - but I don't want that one as it doesn't sound nearly as nice or convenient.

Think I'll have any luck with this one? What chance is there that I could get Doubletree?

Should I play it safe and go through Hotwire since that one is shown as 4* and more of a safe bet?

Any suggestions appreciated!

:) Woo hoo! Got it!

Hyatt Regency Jersey City on the Hudson

Fri., March 24 - Sun., March 26

2 nights ($76 per night) $152.00

Taxes & Fees $27.21

Total Cost $179.21

Yea! This is a really nice hotel. Now, the rate isn't as good as $47 last year on Priceline, but better than anything else around and as close to NYC as I can get without spending lots of $$$$. I'll save that for the shows and food!

I tried Priceline first today at $47, then re-bid at $52. I didn't want to go higher and take a chance with Doubletree, so I figure this is a safer bet, plus I have that $10 Entertainment Book rebate, so it's all good! Regular going rate at the Hyatt is $179, so basically got two nights for the price of one.

Thank you Better Bidding!

Oops! Correction - Sorry, it's a 4* not 3*

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]