KS Wichita Clubhouse Inn and Suites East

GM Mike
By GM Mike,
in

This is a 2.5* in the East bidding zone. It's no better than ok.

Our room was a fairly big interior first floor room with a king bed. My girlfriend commented that it smelled like an "old lady" in the room -- musty and kind of... sweaty? But the room had a full size sliding glass door to the interior courtyard and aired out quickly. The carpet was worn and the couch was stained but everything had clealry been vacuumed and cleaned. It was just... old.

The staff were friendly and helpful, and I got the feeling that if we wanted to try a different room they would have been fine with it. I really had the sense, though, that this was one of the better rooms.

There was free wireless (fairly low signal strength but usable). The breakfast buffet had low quality scrambled eggs, sausage, biscuits, french toast, fruit. It was decent but not overwhelming.

Hotel was generally quiet. We arrived around 10pm and the parking lot was mostly empty. Went out to dinner, came back around midnight, and it was 2/3 full. They seem to get a lot of people from the highway. It's literally the first three right turns from the Kansas Turnpike toll booth into the parking lot, which is perhaps the best feature they offer.

We got the room for $32 and rack rate on their website was $59. It was worth $32, and probably worth $59, but not much more than that.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]