Priceline Hotel: Seattle Downtown or University 9/4-9/6

pdxtoSEA
By pdxtoSEA,
in

Please provide a follow-up for your prior Seattle Priceline thread (post what you decided for that stay within that thread, then reply to this thread and we would be happy to take a look and offer our thoughts on the above stay.)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to make that 2014 trip work out - but I was successful for this similar search in 2013 for 7/2-7/4 for $84/night at Residence Inn Lake Union.

I tried multiple bid strategy yesterday up to $97 but no luck. Will try some again today.

Thank you

At current rates i think you'll need to be closer to the $120-$140 area to be success for a 3* or better for these dates around the downtown area.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Keep us updated on your progress or let us know if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

At current rates i think you'll need to be closer to the $120-$140 area to be success for a 3* or better for these dates around the downtown area.

Keep us updated on your progress or let us know if we can be of further help.

On Priceline express I see a $145/night  4* Downtown Pike Place with these listed:

•Business Center

•Restaurant

•Free Internet

•Fitness Center

Could this be Motif Seattle?

... for <$100/night on 9/4 & 9/5.

On Priceline express I see a $145/night...

The W Seattle Hotel would be my guess for this one... but are you willing to pay $145/nite at this point in time?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Not yet...

Researching hotels can be a time consuming process and the hotels that are currently available may not be the ones offered once you're ready to commit to a purchase (or the price may change substantially, no longer making it an option)... please only ask for hotels to be research that are within your budget and that you're ready to act upon.

Thanks.

Researching hotels can be a time consuming process and the hotels that are currently available may not be the ones offered once you're ready to commit to a purchase (or the price may change substantially, no longer making it an option)... please only ask for hotels to be research that are within your budget and that you're ready to act upon.

Thanks.

How far in advance do you reccomend commiting to a purchase on Priceline? I know I will need a room during this time and dates are not flexible - just don't want to wait too long if prices continue to increase over time.

Thank you

My grandson and I made THIS ONE work.  I think it might be a Hot.wire offer for your dates at $80.

The hotel provides 24/7 shuttle to/from SEA airport and also the Tukwila light rail station.  From there we rode the light rail into Seattle and back.  The shuttle insists it is 9 minutes from the airport.  The light rail run is 38" from the airport (and 34" from Tukwila) to the last station downtown Seattle - Westlake.

We even took in a Mariners/KC evening game.  Returned to the hotel via light rail to the Tukwila station and hotel shuttle from there.

IIRC, the 24/7 translates into hourly to/from the Tukwila station and every 1/2 hour to/from the airport.  It just takes a little planning and communication with the front desk to make arrangements.  

The free breakfast is billed as "continental", but includes waffles/eggs/sausage and lots of other items, plus a generous time from of from 6am to 10am.  

Nice large well-equipped clean rooms.

Maybe a 20 minute walk to a huge shopping mall where my grandson could finally get a Chipotle's fix.  

Romelle

pdxtoSEA,

If you see something of interest let us know and we'll try to research/confirm it for you, but it looks like rates downtown are moving further away from your desired goal.

Do you have a back-up reservation in place to protect yourself from rates rising further (and that you cancel should you ultimately be successful with PRICELINE or HOTWIRE)? (try our sister site RefundableRates.com)

OK - so no luck bidding up to $135.

I do see a 3-star in University District for $138 on Hotwire - I am assuming this is either University Inn or Silver Cloud

Thinking I may just go with this as I am getting no luck bidding - Any suggestions? Thank you!

FULL AMENITIES: Free parking, Free breakfast, Free Internet, Pet friendly, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking

Thanks - saw that and was about to order but called another hotel and was able to get a corporate discount for a downtown hotel. May try bidding again but now have a cancelable reservation.

Now to find the cheapest parking downtown as it is ridiculously expensive.

Thanks to all for the tips!

I'm seeing what looks like the University Inn for $149/nite if your goal is something cheaper (or in the University District)

Keep us updated on what you ultimately decide or how we can be of further help.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]