Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Harrisburg-York (Harrisburg) Wyndham Garden Inn

LoneStar
By LoneStar,
in

If you're looking for a cheap but decent place to crash in Harrisburg -- especially one near the airport or with quick access to Hershey -- this is a good choice. I've stayed here before. Not to be confused with the somewhat nicer "regular" Wyndham on the other side of the same highway exit (a 3 star priceline property).

However, if you actually want to be in the city center, or want a little more stylish hotel, the 3 star Crowne Plaza is worth the extra 10 or 15 bucks it costs on priceline (if they have availability).

I started at $30 and got one of those seemingly unpredictable "you can immediately bid again if you raise by $8" notices. Having all the time in the world, I raised by $1 on the single free-rebid (Harrisburg-Hershey). No dice. After a couple of 72 hour periods with further $1 bidding increments, I finally got hit at $35. BTW, unless they upgrade you to a 3 star, I think you're almost certain to get this hotel on a 2 1/2 star bid because I know of nothing else in the zone that would constitute a 2 1/2 star. Of course, Priceline could always "find" something. :) .

True, but on the Hawaiian matter, what are the odds that a neighbor-island 3 star hotel wouldn't have a pool? I would think anything that remotely qualified would have to be considered a "boutique" hotel, and priceline doesn't have that category there. So I'd put the odds at 1 or 2 percent. Newbie priceline bidders have to understand that using that service has risk, but I'd hate to see a newbie not bid (and save money) based on miniscule risks. We seem to get a lot of fearful newbies who, understandably, worry more than they probably need to. Of course, there are also others who are more "confident" of a particular result than they should be. :)

We're in agreement in that a 3* in Hawaii will most likely have a pool, but when somebody posts "the hotel must have a pool, and is an experienced Priceline bidder, i think its prudent to remind them that a pool is not guaranteed as part of the terms. A pool would be extremely likely, but i always error on the side of caution and try to make sure that users understand "the worse case scenario" so that they can make the risk decision for themselves. If the worst case scenario should happen to occur, at least they are prepared.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]