Hotwire Hotel: Would appreciate help with Chicago for 8/7 - 8/9

mom2three
By mom2three,
in

I have never used Hotwire before and am new to using the Better Bidding website.  I would appreciate your help.  I have bid for rooms many times on Priceline but have read on the boards that Hotwire will allow you to have two beds in a room which I need whereas Priceline will only guarantee one bed (2 people).  Is that correct?   need three rooms for seven people and need two beds in each room.  I would like to stay near Navy Pier if possible, preferably in the downtown area.  We also want to go to a Cubs game so would like to stay in a place where we could take public transportation to Wrigley Field.  I would like to spend $120 per room per night.  What would you recommend?  Is Hotwire our best bet?  Would appreciate your thoughts and suggestions and will be happy to use the links on your website.  Thanks for your help.

Welcome (officially) to BetterBidding!

I have bid for rooms many times on Priceline...

Any wins in the last 4 years since joining the board? If so, it would be appreciated if you started to share your wins so that others can benefit from the information, just as you are hoping to benefit from those who have posted before you. ;)

With HOTWIRE you can search for up to quad occupancy, and HOTWIRE guarantees sleeping accommodations for everyone you include in your search. While this can often mean two beds in the room, the second 'bed' could be a rollaway brought into the room, a pullout sofabed, etc. Would this 'second bed' be acceptable for your needs this trip?

The above would give you the most options, but if the possibility of a pullout/rollaway is not acceptable, PRICELINE EXPRESS is another option if you can find an offer that shows 'Bed Choice' and one of the choices offered is a room with two beds.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know your thoughts/needs and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Have you been to Navy Pier before? It's expensive and aside from great views, really doesn't offer much you can't get elsewhere (restaurants include ... an expensive McDonalds.) As someone local to the area, I often recommend Lincoln Park Zoo which is terrific and free, plus is close to the Peggy Notabert Nature Museum, Old Town and the Chicago Historical Society. In terms of family-friendly, the Museum of Science and Industry is a trek and you have to devote some time to get there, but it's well worth it. Otherwise, in terms of Navy Pier, I'd much rather spend time in Lincoln Park or trying restaurants in River North or heading to Chinatown on the water taxi.

In terms of your party of seven, how many adults/children (as seven adults will result in different pricing and possibly options vs if you search for 4 adults and 3 children, for example.)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]