Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Maryland - DC Suburbs (Gaithersburg) Hilton Washington Dc North/Gaithersburg

brigdencole
By brigdencole,
in

Went to a reunion which was centered at the Sleep Inn at Rockville, Md. $89+ tax. Naturally wanted a better hotel at a better price. Had car, so a little distance away wasn't a factor. The highest rating on the PRICELINE map was 3.5*.

We had a 4 night mid-week stay working for us. I was successful in one bidding session.

Rejected bids as follows: (all 3.5*)

Rockville $56; Free re-bids: add Laurel $61; add Germantown $67

At this point was willing to bid on a zone which also had 3.5*` Gaithersburg- 10 minute drive from desired destination and one zone further north of DC.

Dropped bid to $64 and was accepted. Add tax of $12.60 to that.

Called hotel, but wrong # listed on Priceline confirmation, got correct # from hotel website. I was sharing the room with an Army buddy and inquired as to the bedding? in our assigned room. We were put in a room with 2 double beds which was ideal. I did a lot of travelling with my wife and college age daughter and found almost all hotels were willing to move us to a room with the desired number of beds, but no guarantees.

Remember neither Price.line nor the hotel knows nor cares who is travelling with the bidder. They assume or allow accomodations for the bidder and one other adult. We take a chance of getting a successful bid which has one king bed for my familiy. They do not have to move the bidder to a different room.

This is the main downside of bidding on Priceline for me, (I don't know if it is the same on Hotwire).

Hotel has indoor/outdoor pool which was closed between 10am and 5pm. The jet system in the jacuzzi was broken and looking up I found the return air filter was totally clogged with lint.

The room was set for 66 degrees, which was welcomming on getting out of the Washington heat. Room had fridge, coffee, hair dryer, small tub w/shower. Free WiFi internet connection. Great maid service. (left them a Twenty - hope that was adequate for 4 nights). In all I'd say quite adequate for our purposes. They had a few business meetings and hosted a 50 year HS reunion which filled up the bar & restaurant.

No comp. breakfast was included, which in past travels has saved me $25/day. I think this can be controlled via Hotwire, but I'm not certain. Best breakfast going is Embassay Suites with omlettes made to order, make your own waffles, fresh fruit, bins of bacon and sausage.

Two huge beds and comfy pull-out sofa in other room is great for 3 adults. Of course we're paying for these nicities in the room fees!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Congratulations on your success... glad to hear this property worked out well for your needs.

Note that when you do need to guarantee more than double occupancy, HOTWIRE allows you to search for up to quad occupancy per room, or PRICELINE EXPRESS can be another option if any of the offers for your dates show a 'Bed Choice' option (and one of the options indicates a room with two beds)

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your future travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]