Priceline Hotel: Couple questions on express deals in Atlanta

bobgreen2
By bobgreen2,
in

I'm going to Atlanta August 5-10 and not having any luck with a good rate downtown. 

I instead am looking at 2 seperate bookings for the time. 

First one is August 5-7th.  2 nights I'm seeing a PRICELINE EXPRESS deal downtown 3 star rated 8 or above, Restaurant, free internet and fitness center. I'm guessing its the Courtyard 133 Carnegie way...?

second question is I'm seeing 2 express deals for August 8th-10th in the Airport south zone, Amenity set is Free interent, swimming pool, Airport shuttle, fitness center, business center, rated 8+  Thinking this is the courtyard 2050 Sullivan road,

But i'm also seeing a PRICELINE EXPRESS deal for 3 star airport south with the same Amenity set for and 8+ for $66. you think these are same hotels?  What are the chances that this could be the hyatt place south, (not showing free breakfest) which would be my first choice, but not wanting to spend the $94 its listed at online. 

Do you think downtown rates will drop for that weekend? Should i just book the first 2 nights and wait to see on the weekend rate?  I'd much rather be downtown. but want 3 stars or above in the below $65 range.

Let's back up a minute..

If you're searching for Aug 5-7 and then again for Aug 8-10, this leaves you without a room for the nite of Aug 7... or is your first search for check-in Aug 5 and check-out Aug 8.

Please include the room rate per nite in your posts as it makes it easier for us to find the same hotel(s) among the offers.

As far as rates dropping between now and you stay, there is no way to know if rates will come down, or move even higher, it all depends how actual new reservations/cancellations come in relative to expected new reservations/cancellations.

Please clarify the dates of your searches, and room rates, and we'll have a look at these offers.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'd agree that the best guess for the 3* for Aug 5-7 would be the Courtyard.

For the 3* ATL South property with:

Business Center

Airport Shuttle

Free Internet

Indoor or Outdoor Pool

Fitness Center

... my guess here would be the Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Airport/Millenium Center

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes.

PS- going forward (or to report your win) please use this thread for the Aug 5-7 dates and use a NEW TOPIC for the Aug 7-10 dates.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Still haven't booked anything yet, Downtown deal for the 5th/6th has dropped to $57

I'm seeing a 3.5 star Perimeter area hotel for August 7-10th on the computer for $59/night... but not on mobile offers....amenity set is 

Free Internet  Free Parking  Swimming Pool  Fitness Center  Restaurant  Business Center

Guest Ratings: 8+ Very Good

I think this is the Atlanta Marriott Perimeter Center.....any thoughts?

Would want to be within walking distance to Dunwoody or Sandy springs station.  Walking distance for me is 1 mile...

This listing has not yet been ID'd/reported and could be a number of different possibilities - the Sheraton, Marriott and Crowne Plaza all have these amenities and 8+ guest ratings.

Please keep us updated with what you decide and let us know if you have additional questions.

I'm seeing a 3.5 star Perimeter area hotel for August 7-10th on the computer for $59/night...

Free Internet  Free Parking  Swimming Pool  Fitness Center  Restaurant  Business Center

My guess for this one would be the Atlanta Marriott Perimeter Center.

Would want to be within walking distance to Dunwoody or Sandy springs station.  Walking distance for me is 1 mile...

You can use our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com to search 1 miles from this station and see all the hotels nearby, and the interface makes it easy to see how much more/less it would cost to go up/down in star rating OR to stay closer/further from your ideal location.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]