Priceline Hotel: Which Hotel do you think this is?

Chateauguaychad
By Chateauguaychad,
in

The stay is July 27 to July 28.

I was hoping to get a 3.5 star hotel or better, along the South Carolina/Georgia coastline on the way to Florida. Need to be oceanfront at a family friendly beach. Would like to keep it under 175$. Doesn't need to be a deluxe hotel, care more that its a good price and at a beautiful beach somewhere on the way to Florida.

Any suggestions?

I thought this hotel may be wild dunes, but it doesn't list oceanfront for some reason. I tried bidding on the hotel last night but 175$ was not accepted.

I'm not currently seeing this property offered when searching HOTWIRE for your dates... are you still seeing the above on your own search? If so, are you searching HOTWIRE for more than one room or for more than the default 2adults/0children?

Any interest in the Charleston Harbor Resort for $130/nite?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The original deal I wrote about is actually through priceline.

Do you know if the Charleston Harbor and Marina has a section of beach to use?  It will be my first time showing my kids the ocean, so I was thinking of somewhere that we could stand on the beach, and look out at endless blue water.  Not quite sure if the harbor resort will fit the bill as it also serves as a marina.  Any other ideas? 

If you believe the express deal to be for the wild dunes, what price do you think can get it for if I name my own price?

Thanks for the replies, and everytime I go to hotwire/priceline I use your links.

Cheers

Do you know if the Charleston Harbor and Marina has a section of beach to use?

They have a private beach.

If you believe the express deal to be for the wild dunes, what price do you think can get it for if I name my own price?

Please note that PRICELINE and PRICELINE EXPRESS only guarantees double occupancy, after that is at the discretion of the hotel. While you can call the hotel you win and request a room with two beds, the hotel may not be able, or willing, to honor your request. Whether they will/can or not depends upon a LOT of different factors, including what is available at the time of your check-in, how many rooms with two beds are offered at the hotel and what they need to accommodate other guests for your dates, hotel policy etc.

How big is your party and is this a risk you're willing to take?

Thanx for using boards PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links!

Yellowdog.

I took a look at the harbor, and its not the type of beach I had in mind.

Perhaps HOTWIRE will be a better option, since I can specify 2 adults, 2 kids (5&7)

Maybe myrtle beach, or jekyl island, or somewhere along the Georgia coastline (which is along my route to Florida) will have an option for an oceanfront hotel around 150$.

Any thoughts on good deals that would match that? Hilton head is my preference, but oceanfront seems over my budget.

If you search HOTWIRE for your dates do any hotels within your desired zones match your star rating and budget... and ideally show an Oceanfront or Beachfront amenity?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

If you search HOTWIRE for your dates do any hotels within your desired zones match your star rating and budget... and ideally show an Oceanfront or Beachfront amenity?

You need to search the 'Secret Hot Rate Hotel' side of HOTWIRE... not the retail listings.

If you're willing to pay retail then you should use our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com to easy see hotels and rates along the coastline in areas that have good beaches and work for your needs.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]