Priceline Hotel: Help with 5* Las Vegas

dmmoore3
By dmmoore3,
in

I am working on reservations in Vegas (5* Strip) for 10/3 - 10/7.

I have backup reservations made in case I can't get what I want (which is the Venetian).

I noticed that you said something about splitting your saturday date out.

I have unsuccessfully bid $125 night on three different bids (without using free rebids since I had some lead time). I have pretty much resided myself to the fact that I should wait until it is closer to my trip before bidding again and then I was going to start with $79. I also realize that it is hard to get Saturday nights for $79.

Can you ellaborate regarding your plans to split Sat night out? If you successfully get that for the bid, will you be able to stay in the same room for your entire stay.

What is recommended when you are traveling over weekend and weekdays? I don't want to have to pay the higher weekend rate for our entire stay.

Help would be greatly appreciated!

Diane

Raleigh, NC

As Priceline is not known to average prices over a multi-nite stay, you will have to pay the highest rate during your stay for the entire stay. This is explained further in this thread: Should I Split My Longer Stay Bid. Feel free to ask any questions you have regarding the information there.

In almost all cirumstances you'll be able to keep the same room if you notify them upon check-in that you have multiple nite reservations for consecutive nites, but depending upon the hotel's computer system, you may have to stop by the front desk at the end/beginning of each reservation to have them electronically check you out of and into the system.

I would try bidding this stay together just before the end of this month, and if rejected, i would try bidding the Fri/Sat nite separately from the Sun/Mon nite. However, if you do this and are accepted for the Sun/Mon nite but rejected for the Fri/Sat nite, you'll either have to book the Venetian Fri/Sat conventionally or be willing to change hotels mid-stay.

I also just checked Hotwire and they don't even show the Venetian for Fri/Sat nite, so availability may already be tight for those weekend nites. Las Vegas is a hotel market unlike any other, so although ultra-cheap availability may open up close to check-in, i'd sooner bet against it than for it. On the otherhand, there is somewhat low priced inventory for Sun/Mon, so i'd think you'd be successful for those nites if you were willing to split your bid.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]