Priceline Hotel: 3* Philadelphia (Downtown) Hilton Garden Inn

mccarthys5
By mccarthys5,
in

Hi,

I use Hotwire quite a bit, but have used Priceline only once or twice. Am trying to get the downtown Marriott for this Friday night (1/13/06) for one night. For a 3* - what would you start the bidding at (I am guessing around $50?) and if I need to rebid - what are the free zones to rebid in for a 3* in Philly, if any? Thanks in advance for your help.

I'm assuming you're willing to accept any 3* hotel that priceline awards you, as you can not bid for a specific property.

To figure out your re-bid zones, read thru Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board. You have two re-bid zones when bidding for 3* in Philadelphia. Once you have your re-bid zones understood we'll suggest a strategy to follow.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I understand the concept of rebid zones, just not sure how to figure them out. How do I figure out what area doesn't have any 3* hotels? Am guessing it is the Stadium area and either Trevose or Gloucester? Thanks for your help. And yes, I am willing to accept whatever I get in the 3* star category, should have said I was hoping to secure the Marriott, but if I can't, that's fine.

From the above link, Priceline Re-Bidding Explained:

The way to check what star levels are available in each zone is to open a Priceline page, check ONLY the zone you are inquiring about, and then proceed to the next page (as if you were going to select a zone)... this will give you the available star ratings in that area. You can then hit BACK on your browser, uncheck the current box, check the next box, and repeat the process. It is important to do this before EACH attempt at adding a zone that you really don't want, as new hotels can be added and the star ratings can change at any time.

Confirm your re-bid zones with the board or ask questions regarding the above, then we'll outline a strategy for you.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks, now I get it. Went on Priceline and found that the 2 rebid zones for Philly for a 3* property are Stadium area and Gloucester.

Now with help regarding a strategy? This is for this Friday night, the 13th of Jan, so I'd like to get this nailed down sooner rather than later. Hotwire has the Wyndham for $67 a night + tax...so, obviously, would like to not have to go higher than that, because I'd be willing to stay there if I can't get anything for less $$$. Thanks in advance.

I would bid as follows:

Selelct 4* Downtown...

Bid $45, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $50, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $53, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $55, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

**NOTE: more than two re-bid zones above since bidding for a 4*

Select 3* Downtown...

Bid $50, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $55, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* Downtown and re-bid zone2...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $65.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us now how it goes.

Hi, thanks for all of your help. I started a tad bit lower for the 3* range than you suggested ($47) for my first bid and it was (surprisingly) accepted! The reason I did that was because I saw a couple of people on the site had recently gotten 3* rooms that low in Philly and thought it was worth my first attempt.

However, did not get the downtown Marriott, as I was hoping, but that's Ok. My win was for the Hilton Garden Inn in Center City Philly - $47 - with tax and fees it comes to 60.94. Can't beat that. We stayed at the Hilton Garden over the summer and it is a reasonably nice hotel with a nicely maintained indoor pool in a good location.

Dinner that night will easily cost us twice that at Buddakan, but that's OK!

Thanks again for all your help.

parking at the AutoPark at the Gallery Mall is close and $14 for up to 24 hours. :)

This list shows all of the parking lots operated by the city of Philadelphia. I recently used the Philadelphia Gateway Parking Garage at 1540 Vine street, on weekends the rate is $5 from Friday at 5:00 pm until Monday at 9:00 AM. This lot is convenient to the Wyndham, Embassy Suites and Four Seasons. Then again, if staying at the Four Seasons, I don't think you will be too concerned about getting a deal for parking :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]