Hotwire Hotel: Allergies and Pet Friendly Hotels

Monarch
By Monarch,
in

I'm not having any luck on Priceline with the 2nd half of my trip to San Francisco.  I need a room for 3 nights and don't want to take a chance that I win a bid for 2 nights and the hotel doesn't have the "add a night" option.  I decided to hop on over to Hotwire and check it out.  There looks to be some pretty good options in the Union Square area, at 4 stars (I want to splurge a bit).  However, they all say "Pet friendly."  I'm allergic to both cats and dogs. Anyone out there have any issues with getting moved to a room where no pets were allowed, once they booked via Hotwire?  I'm thinking of just sucking it up and booking into a hotel that doesn't allow pets.

I don't know if a pet friendly hotel allows pets in all rooms or if they have some "pet free" rooms also for allergic guests.

But if this is an absolute must for you wouldn't I rely on someone else's experience. 

I'm pretty sure that the hotel will work with you on this but the case might be that they don't have any "pet free" rooms available.

If PRICELINE or HOTWIRE don't work for this trip, please book thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com... or thru our Support Page where we have links to most of the major hotel chains and online booking agencies

Keep us updated on your progress and let us know what you ultimately decide or if we can be of further help. 

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Yellowdog.

The difference between booking with Hotwire and directly via Priceline (and knowing exactly what property I was getting) was so small that I just went ahead and booked a room at the Sir Francis Drake (through your Priceline link - they had the best price, $350/night).  My dog/cat allergies are so severe that I figure at least if I booked directly, I'd have a bit more "wiggle room" to ask for a pet free room.  The reviews and amenities look great, so I'm sure everything will be fine.  Thanks!   :D

Most likely not all rooms are pet friendly, just a block of them - I asked local Kimpton properties this a while back and they basically said something similar. I'd call ahead and explain the situation and ask if there was any way you could put in a request to be in a room that wasn't pet friendly. I don't have allergies to cats/dogs, but have bad other allergies so I definitely understand.

Thank you for using the site's PRICELINE link to start your purchase, it's greatly appreciated.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]