Hotwire Hotel: 4.5* Cancun (Playa del Carmen - Playacar) Riu Palace Hotel Riviera Maya - All Inclusive

Airmarshall
By Airmarshall,
in

Hot.wire playing games again.  I know they are both RIU Hotels, but different price points and both are referring that last bidder got the same (RIU Palace Riveria Maya)

I want the RIU Mexico

Dates 9/1-9/5

Amenities for the higher price point:                                                         Ammenties for lower price point:

Free parking                                                                                             Free Parking

Free Internet                                                                                             Free Breakfast

Resort                                                                                                       Free Internet

Free Drinks and Food                                                                               Resort

A la carte dining                                                                                        Near Beach

Free water activities                                                                                  Free Food and Drinks

Free Entertainment                                                                                   A La Carte Dining

Free activities                                                                                           Free Water Activities                                                                                     

Children's Activities                                                                                   Free Entertainment

Fitness Center                                                                                          Free activities

Pool (s)                                                                                                     Children's Activities

Restaurants                                                                                              Fitness Center

Internet access                                                                                         Pool (s)

Golf Nearby                                                                                              Restaurant (s)

Tennis Nearby                                                                                          Self Service Laundry

Spa Services                                                                                            Internet Access

Accessible Bathroom                                                                                Golf Nearby

Accessible Parking                                                                                   Tennis Nearby

Spa Services

These resorts are within walking distance from each other, but the RIU Mexico has a modern decor and the other is outdated.  Usually I have been given exactly what the "last person got" listed, but how can they list the same hotel at different price points?  I'm tempted to buy one night.  The Riu Mexico differences are "accessible" ammenties.  A conumdrum.  any help??

The "Last person got ___" information is in reference to the last person who bought a hotel in the zone at this star rating, NOT necessarily the underlying hotel currently being offered.

I'm not seeing two 4.5* rated Playacar hotels when searching for your dates, only one... what is the room rate per nite for each that you're being offered?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You're right and that one is the Sandos

If I change the dates to 9/5 - 9/9 one 4.5 shows with the secend set of ammenities I posted at $209 per night. This EXACT list of ammenties did belong to the RIU Palace Mexico.  I really don't want to gamble on this though - may have to pay travel site prices at $247.  Will keep you posted if I buy and I always go through this site to bid.

Thank you.

Sorry, i'm not following which star rating, zone, and room rate goes with which amenity set.

If you'd still like help with the offer(s) above please re-post with the complete star rating, zone, room rate, and amenity set in the same post.

If you do decide HOTWIRE doesn't work for your needs for this trip, please book thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com.

Let us know whatever you decide or how we can be of further help.

Good luck!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

4.5 star Playacar 9/5-9/9 $179 per night                                             4.5 star Playacar 9/5 - 9/9 $ 209 per night

Free parking                                                                                             Free Parking

Free Internet                                                                                             Free Breakfast

Resort                                                                                                       Free Internet

Free Drinks and Food                                                                               Resort

A la carte dining                                                                                        Near Beach

Free water activities                                                                                  Free Food and Drinks

Free Entertainment                                                                                   A La Carte Dining

Free activities                                                                                           Free Water Activities                                                                                     

Children's Activities                                                                                   Free Entertainment

Fitness Center                                                                                          Free activities

Pool (s)                                                                                                     Children's Activities

Restaurants                                                                                              Fitness Center

Internet access                                                                                         Pool (s)

Golf Nearby                                                                                              Restaurant (s)

Tennis Nearby                                                                                          Self Service Laundry

Spa Services                                                                                            Internet Access

Accessible Bathroom                                                                                Golf Nearby

Accessible Parking                                                                                   Tennis Nearby

Spa Services

Are both of the hotels above showing when searching for the same dates (as posted above, both hotels are for 9/5-9/9... i'm only seeing one 4.5* hotel offered in this zone when searching for 9/5-9/9). Are are you trying to compare the hotel on the left (9/1-9/5) to the hotel on the right (9/5-9/9).

Regardless of which set of dates i search i'm seeing the same amenity set for the 4.5* hotel offered in this zone:

Free Parking

Free Internet

Resort

Food and Beverages

ala Carte

Water Sports

Evening Entertainment

Daily Activities

Childrens Activities

Fitness

Pool

Restaurant

Hi-Speed Internet

Golf

Tennis

Spa

Bathroom Accessible

Handicapped Parking

What are the actual dates of your stay.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.... or use MAPS and HOTELS.com if you decide to book a hotel and know the name beforehand.

No, both hotels are listed for 9/5-9/9

Anyway, I gambled and lost.  I got the RIU  Palace Riveria Maya for $209 per night with the exact set of ammenities I bid on last time for the RIU MEXICO

The ammenities for this win are the ones on the right above:

Free Parking

Free Breakfast

Free Internet

Resort

Near Beach

Free Food and Drinks

A La Carte Dining

Free Water Activities

Free Entertainment

Free Activities

Children's Activities

Fitness Center

Poool(s)

Restaurant (s)

Self service Laundry

Internet Access

Golf Nearby

Tennis Nearby

Spa Services

Sorry to see this wasn't the hotel you were hoping for and that you're disappointed in the outcome.

While not your first choice, hope this will still work for your needs and you'll find it to be a good value for the price paid.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

after getting off the phone with HOTWIRE, both hotels are the RIU Palace Riveria Maya.  Same dates, different price points.  I bought based on my last stay at the RIU Mexico and the exact same ammenities.  It no longer matters, they will only guarantee a hotel in the shaded area, regardles of ammenities listed.  My booking is resolved  to satisfaction, but just be aware.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]