Priceline Flight Help - LAS to OGG 12th to 17th June

Manya1983
By Manya1983,
in

Hello

Although I am quite familiar with Priceline's NYOP I have never used it to book flights so I would like to ask for some help please.

I would like to book two adults tickets going from LAX to OGG on Friday 12th June and returning on Wednesday 17th June. I would prefer to fly non-stop and get there as early as possible in the day although I understand that this is not necessarily guaranteed.

Using the ITA matrix the cheapest flights I can see are via American Airlines and come at a cost of $673 per passenger.

Can you please tell me what a potential bidding strategy would look like and how much of a saving I could make?

Thanks

Although I am quite familiar with Priceline's NYOP I have never used it to book flights so I would like to ask for some help please.

If you've had any wins in the 4+ years since joining the board it would be appreciated if you started to share them with the board so that others can benefit from the information, just as you have benefited from those who have posted before you.

...the cheapest flights I can see are via American Airlines and come at a cost of $673 per passenger.

Given the $673 fare how much would you need to save to make an opaque purchase (where you can't choose the flight times, or city or length of layover) worthwhile?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hello

The last Priceline purchase I made was a few years ago but I will try and dig the deal up from my account and post on here. In the meantime I am busy sorting out details for my upcoming West Coast trip which I have been using this board to finalise details on. I actually fly in next week from the UK and still have large chunks of my plans to finalise.

If I could get LAX - OGG tickets for a maximum of $400 then I think this would the opaque purchase worth it. My plan is to be in Hawaii from Friday morning until Wednesday morning and then get to Vegas by Wednesday early evening (preferred but obviously not guaranteed).

Any suitable bidding strategies for the LAX-OGG?

Thanks

With capacity down and fewer and fewer empty seats on airlines the last 5+ years, deep discounts on airfare have been few and few between, but if you want to give it a try...

When bidding on airfare you have an almost unlimited number of re-bids, as per airefare.rebidding (in particular see the 2nd post). So you could start by searching/bidding the route LAS --> OGG, if that is rejected start a new search(es) various nearby airports and cities (ie- if you're LAS --> OGG bid is rejected, searching Henderson, NV --> OGG is viewed as a new bid since you started the search with a different city, even though at the 'Choose Your Airport(s)' screen you're still only selecting LAS --> OGG.

If you follow the above, you could start at $300 and increase $10-$25 per re-bid (larger increments at the initial bids when your chances are lower and smaller increments at the higher bid amounts when your chances increase)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you ultimately decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]