Hotwire Hotel: 4* Pittsburgh (Downtown) Omni William Penn

frakkin
By frakkin,
in

Omni William Penn Hotel

Please use BetterBidding's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links before you book to help support the website.

Dates: June 4th - 8th, 2015.

Booked on: June 2nd, 2015.

Price Paid:

Rate per night: $88.00

Nights: 5

Rooms ( 2 adults ): 1

Subtotal: $440.00

Tax recovery charges + fees: $88.50

Hotwire total: $528.50

Hotwire Ratings:

95% Love it! (1486 total reviews)
Overall satisfaction: 4.5
Condition of hotel: 4.5
Quality of service: 4.5
Room comfort: 4.5
Room cleanliness: 4.5
Location of hotel: 5

Trip Advisor Rating: 4.5

Amenities: 

Business
Fitness
Hi-Speed Internet
Pet Friendly
Restaurant
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower

I wasn't able to use the BetterBidding HOTWIRE link to make my purchase because it kept giving me an error when it tried to redirect me. It seems to have fixed itself... after I already completed the order :c Sorry about that.

I was actually going to book some cheap hotel out in Monroeville because nothing in the city was cheap enough (And pet friendly). But I was going through the top rated hotels on Trip Advisor, and daydreaming about staying at one, specifically the Omni William Penn (Never been to it or seen it, just thought it looked really cool). Luckily I was curious, and decided to check if maybe Hotwire had the hotel... Or a good deal at all, really. Just wanted something around $100 a night, but we were willing to pay up to $150. Ended up finding one that matched the star rating, area, and amenities. I specifically included 'Pet Friendly' in the search, since I'll be travelling with my cat. I checked BetterBidding, to confirm that the hotel was in Hotwire's secret collection,and then matched up details and ruled out the other two possible hotels. At this point, I was about 90% sure this was the Omni William Penn, but I was still a little doubtful. It was still a good deal, so I wouldn't have been the upset had it been one of the other nice hotels downtown. But I decided to look through the hotwire reviews (Are they only available on the mobile app? I can't seem to view reviews on their desktop site...), and basically confirmed it was in fact the Omni William Penn, through little details included in people's reviews. I tried to use the BetterBidding HOTWIRE link, because BetterBidding helped considerably in determining the likelihood of it being the hotel I wanted. I tried a few times, but it didn't work. So I went ahead and confirmed the booking, anyway. I was very excited to see that it was in fact the Omni William Penn! Honestly, it just looks so pretty and fancy, and was also rated so well it's considered the second best hotel in Pittsburgh :D Not to mention, a ridiculously good deal. So I'm pretty excited. This is the second time BetterBidding + extra sleuthing has gotten me the hotel I was looking for, at a ridiculous discount c: I was excited enough about this one to create an account here and post about it lol.

There was apparently a glitch on the site, and I was too tired/out of it to notice it said five days, when I had booked for 4 days. Luckily Hotwire was really nice and let us cancel and re-book correctly. Ended up with a rate of $90, and the guy on the phone was apparently very surprised I had gotten the same hotel. "Luck of the draw", as he says ;P

Edit: Thank you, yellowdog c: Next time, I'll make sure I am able to successfully book through BetterBidding's Hotwire link. I don't know why, but I often get errors on the Hotwire website itself, as well. :/ I hope it's not my internet provider, since it's happened on multiple computers/devices.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]