"Hotwire Express" member can no longer read hotel reviews before purchase?

twocointoss
By twocointoss,
in

I've been a "Hotewire Express" member for many years.

One of the benefit is that I can read individual hotel reviews posted by others prior to making a hotel room purchase.  This gives me an idea what hotel it may be and steer away from the bad ones.

However, as of last week, this feature seemed to have disappeared.  No matter which city or which hotel I look at, there are no reviews at all.  

Is this something they recently changed?   (my last booking was 3 months ago and back then I was still able to read the reviews)

Thanks for any info!  :)

• 4 months later...

In the top right corner, is it still saying you are a Hotwire Express member? If your purchases fall below a certain number, they discontinue your Express status

it doesn't say Hotwire Express in the top right corner now.  I guess I had my status taken away?

however, I don't know why.  I've actually double my spending to over $2300 on Hotwire in 2015.  

Just added up what I spent over the last 5 years:  (total based on my credit card statements)

2010  $873

2011  $980

2012  $1009

2013  $1257

2014  $1100

2015  $2300 (as of yesterday)

• 4 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]