Hotwire Hotel: 4* Toronto (Downtown) Sheraton Centre Toronto

waltero61
By waltero61,
in

I just clicked on your EasyClickTravel.com link and put in the same dates as above and was offered a 5-star hotel in Toronto (downtown) for $70.20 per night. Sounds like a great deal but it doesn't give the hotel name. If you have any info on which hotel this might be, I'd appreciate it. The only clue they give is in the hotel description which says it has 1365 rooms. I'm going to start searching around to see if I can find a match.

I travel every year with my son to various cities on baseball stadium trips. I use your site to identify the hotels that I'm hopefully going to get so that we can be as close to the ballpark as possible, preferably walking distance. So far, we've been very successful in our endeavors, thanks to you. I always shop well in advance because when we are in American League cities we always see the Yankees, and Yankee fans travel well and tend to drive up hotel prices very quickly after the schedule comes out in December.

I honestly don't know if I've ever used your links to make my pruchases in the past. I never really understood the concept of you profiting from me doing so. Now that I've spent a little more time reviewing your site, I feel a little guilty. I used the PayPal link to make a small donation to show my appreciation for what you are doing. In the future, I promise to use your links page (which I never really understood until today), to make my online purchases.

Thank you for all your efforts in i making online travel shopping affordable for the budget-conscious traveler.

By the way, what in the world are you doing answering posts at 2:30 am on a Sunday morning ?????

Get some sleep !!!!!

Hello again. After some quick research, I was able to surmise that the hotel on EasyClickTravel was The Fairmount Royal York on 100 Front Street West in downtown Toronto.

When I tried to check the prices on the hotel website for my dates, it said there were no rooms available. So I went back a couple of weeks and saw that the room rate they offer for the same Thursday to Sunday timeframe was $349 per night.

Tried the same dates (two weeks before I actually need the room) on Expedi and got $225 per night.

So this rate of $70.20 per night from EasyClickTravel for the actual dates that I needed sounded too good to be true.

:) I proceded to make my reservation through EasyClickTravel when I got the BAD NEWS. They say that because this is such a great rate, that my reservation is only a request, and that they will get back to me within 48 hours to let me know if I actually get the room for the listed price. Considering the fact that the hotels website said that my dates weren't available at any price, I'm assuming that I'll get the bad news pretty quickly.

:) I'm very dissappointed in EasyClickTravel because you don't get the information that this is only a request until you are halfway through the process, and at that point, you are already overtly excited that you are going to get an unbelievable deal.

In any case, if my request should slip through the cracks and be accepted, I will be very happy.

Assuming that it will be rejected though, I'll still ask you to proceed with the idea that you said that you might have for a Hotwire hotel in Toronto (downtown).

Thanks again Steve.

Walter

Hotwire is currently showing a 4* Customer Favorite for $63 for your dates(4 nights)

Rest, Pool,Fitness, Spa and Business centre(ibelieve that this is the Sheraton)

P.S. Your previous hotwire 4* was most likely the King Edward as it is the only Resort listed hotel

I would grab the above deal as I have seldom seen Hotwire rates this low

Also for EasyClickTravel, each OFF the Record hotel offered has a status listed, in your case the 4.5* for $70.20 has an "on request status" which means that they must check with the hotel first.

Thanks for your advice. If it is indeed the Sheraton, that sounds like a great deal.

I have to wait on my EasyClickTravel request before I go for the Sheraton (which is now $65 @ night), otherwise, I could get stuck with two rooms.

If it's still there after EasyClickTravel denies my request (as I expect), I'll definately go for it.

I'm also still waiting for thereuare's other idea. I expect he'll post at his usual 2:30 AM time.

Hopefully, I'll have my room by Monday evening.

I know it sounds like a rush for a July trip, but with the high cost of Toronto hotel rooms and the Yankees being in town, I get the feeling that the affordable rooms are going to be eaten up quickly.

Once again, Byeloe, I appreciate your advice and input.

Walter

The 'other idea' i had on the Hotwire hotel was in its identification.... not likely the Inter-Continental but more likley the Le Royal Meridien King Edward Hotel.

EasyClickTravel does show the status on the main page with prices, either "Avaiable" or "On Request". When a hotel is listed as "On Request", they did indeed have rooms at that rate for those dates at one time, but have sold them. "On Request" means that they need to contact the hotel to see if they can get additional rooms at their pre-contracted rate. For future "Off the Record" deals you can use our EasyClickTravel Reverse Look-up Tool.

EasyClickTravel reservations in Toronto are cancellable up until 3 days before check-in date, so if you now prefer to go with Hotwire you can purchase it and then just cancel the EasyClickTravel offer if it should come thru for you (of course if you prefer the ECT hotel then just wait it out as the Hotwire hotel is not cancellable).

Hopefully i'll be sleeping by 2:30am this evening :)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Once again, BetterBidding.com rules the discount hotel industry.

Thanks to byeloe's unsolicited but very welcome advice, I just booked the Sheraton Centre Toronto for $65 per night. Total for 3 nights including taxes and fees was $231.97. About half of what I figured I might have to spend for a lesser quality hotel.

Listed on Hotwire as : Customer Favorite

Best Value

restaurant (s)

pool (s)

fitness center

spa services

business center

Same room on hotel's website was approx $213 per night (U.S. dollars), on Orbitz it was approx $190 per night and on Travelocity"]Travelocity it was approx $184 per night.

I couldn't be happier. Another plus is that the hotel is walking distance (approx 1 mile) from the Rogers Centre. Should save me a few dollars on the exorbitant parking fees (since I won't have to use in-and-out privledges).

Once again I cant' thank byeloe, thereuare and this whole board in general for being here for the budget traveler. I be back in a few days to try to score 4 nights in Atlanta at the end of July pretty soon.

I hope that my small donation will help to keep this site up-and-running.

Message to anyone who has been helped by this board saving $100's of dollars or more. A small donation via PayPal will help keep this website running. I write this of my own opinion.

Thanks again, everyone.

Walter

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]