Priceline Hotel: help needed - boston 4/1 - 4/4

micheles
By micheles,
in

i have tried to find a reasonably priced hotel in boston for three nights - april 1st to 4th

i have tried priceline bidding on four star areas (with the exception of cambridge brookline and the trade centre) up to $78

in an ideal world i would like to stay at the hyatt regency downtown but note high prices for these dates on the hyatt site

i bid a few days ago (then waited 72 hours to bid again) up to $55

tonight i started at $60 (downtown) 4* then added logan 4*, south boston (free bid) medford (free bid)and then copley4* - not a sausage

we only want to shop so will spend a day at the outlet malls and the rest in and around boston - so where we stay isn't that important - but we would like a 4*

i will pay what i have to but would prefer (obviously) the lowest i can get away with, :) as this is an add on to our south carolina beachy holiday

what would you suggest?

Since you've used all of the areas that you are interested in, you'll have to wait another 72 hours to rebid.

You did bid on the 4* Logan airport area correct? I'm surprised it wasn't accepted under $78 because the Hilton Logan is showing a net rate of $129. Typically, it should have been accepted with direct rates this low.

For us to help you for your next round of bidding, what is your current maximum bid? Just for reference, Hotwire is showing 4* Logan at $158 and 3.5* Back Bay at $121.

hello

yes I did try logan (where the hotels usually come up a lot cheaper)

i suppose i'd be happy to pay up to $100 - as i saw on hotwire a 3.5* in copley for around $86 a few days ago - when i looked again it had gone - he who hesitates.......

i'd prefer downtown and a 4* so will probably persevere with the priceline for a few more attempts - it is quite frustrating having to wait 3 days (i suppose i've been spoiled by paying a little more than is necessary and often getting my offers accepted reasonably quickly)

i will try up to $100 for now and if necessary closer to the dates (we still have around 10 weeks) will consider the options

i did look at the hyatt site and their logan hotel was even more than the downtown site

thanks for your help

This is one possible bidding strategy. This would work if price matters more than location. If you'd really like to stay downtown (or in copley) more than the airport area, and would be willing to pay up to $100 downtown before you tried the airport, I can modify this to account for those preferences.

April 1 - 4, 2006

Select 4* Downtown...

Bid $55, if unsuccessful add rebid area 1...

Bid $65, if unsuccessful add rebid area 2...

Bid $75, if unsuccessful close window and access priceline the same way as before

Select 4* Logan Airport...

Bid $75, if unsuccessful close window and access priceline the same way as before

Select 4* Copley...

Select 4* Downtown and Copley...

Bid $80, if unsuccessful add rebid area 1...

Bid $85, if unsuccessful add rebid area 2...

Bid $90, if unsuccessful close window and access priceline the same way as before

Select 4* Downtown and Logan Airport...

Bid $80, if unsuccessful add rebid area 1...

Bid $85, if unsuccessful add rebid area 2...

Bid $90, if unsuccessful close window and access priceline the same way as before

Select 4* Downtown, Copley and Logan Airport...

Bid $95, if unsuccessful add rebid area 1...

Bid $100

tried the bidding strategy with the exception of the logan area

bid as suggested but not a sausage - started bid at $55 and went up to $65 for copley, downtown and both together

will try again in a few days - still early days (another 10 weeks before we travel)

thanks for your help

i will try your strategy again when i am able to :)

tried the bidding strategy with the exception of the logan area

bid as suggested but not a sausage - started bid at $55 and went up to $65 for copley, downtown and both together

will try again in a few days - still early days (another 10 weeks before we travel)

thanks for your help

i will try your strategy again when i am able to :)

If you only went up to $65, why did you state this:
i will try up to $100 for now
If you were only going to increase your bid by $10, you should have just stated that instead of saying you would try up to $100. I'm not even sure how you could have followed the bidding strategy if you only went up $10 and only bid on those 2 areas. Please provide us with accurate information next time so we can better assist you (and to save us time with your requests).

That being said, I've never seen Copley go for anything less than $75 and rates are high for DT so it will likely take more than $65 to be successful.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]