Need Advice for MSP to PDX in Feb/1 way!

sleeper692
By sleeper692,
in

Hey,

I'm flying my girlfriend from Minneapolis to Portland, OR (MSP to PDX) in mid-February. The date is flexible, somewhat, and will probably be around the 16th.

I'm finding typical fares as low as 250 (which seems high since the same flight/day from ORD is a hundred dollars less).

The fares don't seem to be all that different for a one-way ticket vs a round trip.

Anyone have any advice as to how low I should bid and whether it would be cheaper for me to buy a one-way vs. a round trip ticket (of which the second half won't be used.)

:)

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Airfares are based upon competition and route, not necessarily distance, so the comparison to ORD is not really a valid one, unless of course you are willing to drive to/from ORD.... is that an option?

Are you familiar of how to re-bid for airfare?

Do keep in mind that as capacity has dropped, and occupancy has risen over the last few years, airfare deals have been far and few between.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Airfares are based upon competition and route, not necessarily distance, so the comparison to ORD is not really a valid one, unless of course you are willing to drive to/from ORD.... is that an option?

If Chicago is an option (and not just used for comparison), Southwest Airlines has one-way airfare at $97.80 incl. taxes for their nonstop flight (#2030).

Edit: Travelocity"]Travelocity has an exclusive fare on Frontier Airlines for $180 incl. tax for MSP -> PDX.

Otherwise, you could book a flight on Airtran or Northwest from Minneapolis to Chicago midway for $69.30 including tax and fly on Southwest from Chicago. You would have to claim your luggage and check-in again at Chicago.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]