Is the Hotwire rental from unknown provider uncancelable rate gone?

WilliamK
By WilliamK,
in

I need a car rental in BOS but am not seeing anything other than normal rentals and "Special" cars at Hot.wire.  The "Special" car may be any size compact and up, but specifies the rental company.  I see no option to pre-pay an uncancelable reservation for a discount.  Has HOT.WIRE dropped this feature and ceded that market to PRICE.LINE?

The 'opaque' rental market is still available thru HOTWIRE, but the dates or location you're looking for may have limited (or no) 'opaque' inventory.

Our BiddingHelper.com now shows Car Rental results as well, so using the CARS radio button in the search form i just searched Boston for 4/26-4/27 and see 'Hot Rate' rentals available, so it is likely the dates you're searching for are high demand OR double check that you selected an airport location (the drop down suggestions and BiddingHelper.com use airport codes along with the city names to ensure that you're looking at airport results)... searching there for 4/26-4/27 you can confirm that you're still able to see opaque car offers.

What are the dates (and pick-up/drop-off times) you're searching for?

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]