Priceline Hotel: 4* Providence (Downtown) Omni Providence Hotel

Counselor4444
By Counselor4444,
in

Hi all,

It has been a few years since I've used this forum to assist me in bidding on priceline so I hope you can give me some guidance. (When you have kids your travel plans come to a hault!)   I clicked on Better Bidding's PRICELINE link and am looking to stay in Downtown providence from 6/19-6/22.  All of the "expected" 4 star hotels are in the area that work for us so we are fine with any of them.  Express Deals had a 4 star for $133.  I'm going to assume this is the Omni although I know it could be another 4 star hotel.  The Omni's best rate right now is $161.  I assumed naming my own price would get a much better deal then the express deal offer of $133.  I started bidding at $98 and worked up to $120 using rebids by combining zones for a 4 star hotel.  I didn't get any bites.  The $133 is ok.... but we were hoping to do better.  Aren't the "name your own price" deals usually much better then the "express deals"?  Perhaps I should wait and see if prices drop?  It is father's day weekend though so it is possible that is complicating things.  Any guidance?  Thanks!

NYOP deals are usually mildly better tha PRICELINE EXPRESS Deals, but it varies depending on dates, area and other factors. If you are a family/more than 2 people you may want to look at Express Deals for a hotel with bed choice or use Hot.wire, where you can indicate the amount of people in the party and get some form of bedding for the entire party.

If you are seeing a 4* Express Deal at $133 and nothing's biting at $120, then you could try $122, 125, 127, $130. Even if you save a few bucks over the Express deal, better than nothing. Do keep in mind that the Express deal is not necessarily what you'll get if you bid.

Please keep us updated with what you decide and let us know if you have additional questions.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

• 1 year later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]