Priceline Hotel: 3* Des Moines (Downtown Des Moines) Hotel Fort Des Moines

Roadguy
By Roadguy,
in

This 3 star has been showing up for Downtown Des Moines for about a month, far less than anyting else, around $50 on Express Deals. I almost grabbed it  a few weeks back, but a customer put me up at the Embassy Suites(overpriced around $200). I figured this hotel was Ft Des Moines though I havent stayed there & havnt seen it reported here. It gets awful reviews, but they do get $150 when downtown is jumppin. After winning at $44 Im willing to take a chance. I plan to report back if its worth the discounted rate.

The major problem I see is if this hotel doesnt measure up for Priceline, we really cant bid for the 2.5 Holiday Inn Express Drake(which is worth $70 all day long), any Downtown 3 star or use Downtown as an extra rebidding zone..too dangerous.  Wish me luck!

Anyways, started at $42, added Ankeny at $43 and won adding W Des Moines at $44

Sorry to hear that the result wasn't what you'd hoped, but nice rate for Des Moines, which can definitely get busy.

Thank you for letting us know about this new Priceline property so that we can update the site's Priceline Hotel List.

Any follow-up reviews are always appreciated.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

• 1 month later...

I promised to report back on this hotel. I had a pleasant stay and feel its worth the Priceline rates. Thin walls, stained carpet, and minor cosmetic issues really wont discourage me from bidding on this 3 star. Because otherwise, its a nice, clean hotel in the heart of downtown with a friendly staff

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]