Priceline Hotel: 4* New York City (Midtown West) Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel

jdh62
By jdh62,
in

Please start by following-up your previous Priceline Charlottesville thread with whatever you ended up doing for that trip.

For your trip above, note that there is often a significant price jump between 4* and 4.5* properties.

If the Times Square is the only one that you're willing to accept for this trip, a 4* may be had for less than $120/nite... but a 4.5* would likely cost you closer to $200/nite, and a 5* significantly more that that.

What is your maximum budget (per nite before taxes/fees) for this stay? Are any other nearby zones acceptable?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

My apologies for not closing the earlier thread - I just posted a reply.  Wow - thank you for the tip on the difference in price between all the star ratings.  Willing to pay $200/nite for nice accomodations, but if 4* can be had for less than $120, I would probably settle for that.  Going to a play so wanted to stay in the Times Square theater district.  I read thread about other areas being preferable so would appreciate hearing your opinion, thereuare.

I wouldn't actually say that other areas are preferable, it's just that we often hear "I want to stay in Times Square..." when in reality it's not necessary to stay directly in Times Square, 'near by' and/or in midtown near a subway station is usually sufficient for most visitors to the city.

PRICELINE EXPRESS has this 4 star Times Square property with no amenities showing for $132/nite (it was cheaper earlier today) but also has a 'resort fee' of $27/nite... my guess here would be The Row NYC.

There is also this 4* Midtown West property with Restaurant, Business Center, Fitness Center for $135/nite... which my guess would be the Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel.

Do either of these work for your needs, OR if you prefer to try bidding on PRICELINE, let us know if you want to stick with only the Times Square zone (or if other zones, such as MTW are acceptable as well), and your maximum bid, and we will suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]