Priceline Hotel: May 1st - 3rd NYC Help

malbrax
By malbrax,
in

First time travelling to NYC so I am not familiar with any of the areas/zones so would like some help booking, I will be arriving on May 1st and have a flight May 3rd  out of JFK

I would like to tour NYC so need to find a decent hotel with my budget of 130-160$.

Which zones should I be looking?  hoping to have quick access to transit and a safe area

I have some credit with another travel site so I might be looking for just 1 night ( May 1st-2nd)

Since you won't be able to rates/available thru the site you have credit with until closer to your stay, are you willing to commit to a solo nite purchase at this time... or what will be the deciding factor if you will book one hotel for both nites OR change hotels mid-trip?

Currently you can likely get something well located near the upper end of your budget, perhaps another $10-$15/nite to be certain... but $130 is not likely going to be enough for this time of year, which is considered to be high-season in NYC.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I don't mind changing mid trip as I will most likely have to do that anyways , upper end of my budget is fine ( Canadian traveller here. Exchange rate is bad ) saw a hotel in Hoboken for 158 4 star .. But it seems far from the city .. Which areas I should be looking at ?

Are you only looking for the first nite, May 1, at this point in time? Would something like The Wellington be acceptable?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

PRICELINE EXPRESS has this 3 star Central Park South property with Restaurant, Business Center amenities listed... my guess for this property would be the Wellington Hotel.

Do you want to take this PRICELINE EXPRESS offer or try bidding on PRICELINE for a lower rate? The trade-off of bidding on PRICELINE for a lower priced hotel is that you have to be willing to accept any hotel in the zone(s) that you choose... it may or may not be the hotel we have guessed above.

If you want to try bidding let us know which zone(s) are acceptable and we will suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Let us know how it goes or how we can be of further help.

I've never stayed there, and i generally prefer higher rated hotels, but the location is very good.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

The Verve Hotel would be my best guess for this 3* PRICELINE EXPRESS offer.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

• 2 years later...

Thank you for closing this thread with your decision.

Please remember to follow-up your threads with your wins/decisions as you make them (even if you don't ultimately use PRICELINE / HOTWIRE, cancel the trip, book direct, etc) as this help keep the board better organized and more useful for everyone... as well as being a courtesy to anyone who took the time to help with your travel plans.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]