Priceline Hotel: FQ - Canal for 6/26 - 6/28

bluehawks47
By bluehawks47,
in

I have been looking at prices for the weekend of June 26 and they seem unusually high.  We have traveled to NOLA many times and we usually Priceline and get a 4 or 3.5 star hotel for close to $100.  This was over St. Patrick's weekend, spring break, etc.   The only event I found was girls junior volleyball nationals.  I can't imagine this would raise the prices that much...I could be wrong.  Any suggestions on bids to try?  I have already tried $120 and $130 for 3.5 and 4 star respectively.  I am willing to try a 3 star, but I would prefer 3.5 or 4. 

Thank you.

I am willing to try a 3 star, but I would prefer 3.5 or 4.

I took a look at the rates for your date and they are a bit high. I don't think a 4* or 3.5* hotel is within your budget with current rates. Are you willing to raise your budget for a 4* or 3.5* or are you OK with the 3* option?

Let us know and we'll go from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Yellowdog.

Yes, for some reason or another the rates are really high.  We aren't going to go any higher.  I would think rates would be lower in the summer...isn't that their low season?  How high would you think I would have to go for 3.5 or 4*?  It looks like I SHOULD be able to get a 3* for under $100, so I might have to go that route.

Thank you

Unfortunately I think for a 4* you're likely looking at closer to the $200 level, if not a tad ($5-10) over that. Not sure if you'll be able to get a 3* under $100, but it's worth a try.

Rates are extremely date specific - there could be a convention or other event happening during this period.

Thank you for keeping us updated on what you decide and let us know if you have additional questions.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Not sure if this is the sole or main reason for the higher demand, but there is a 10 day volleyball tournament during these dates, which given the given the length of the tournament, i assume is a large event.

You can use our sister site RefundableRates.com to book a back-up reservation, then use our free RateDrop service in order to be alerted should the rates (either PRICELINE EXPRESS, HOTWIRE, or any regular rate hotels you choose) drop in price for your dates.

Let us know how we can be of further help with this stay and/or whatever you decide to do for this trip.

Good luck!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You can have the other couple continue this thread if they would like help, and it would also be appreciated if you would ask them to stop by here and use the search boxes at the top of the board (the logos within them are click-able as well) to being their bidding/purchases... or use our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com if they decide ti make a regular rate purchase.

Let us know whateever you ultimately decide for this trip (even if not PRICELINE or HOTWIRE) as closing your threads helps keep the board better organized and more useful for everyone, as well as being a courtesy to anyone who took the time to help with your travel plans.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]