CA San Jose Hyatt Regency Santa Clara

fortify
By fortify,
in

Probably the best 4* I've booked thru Priceline. New, modern, fabulous gym.

Adjacent to the SJ convention center.

Free parking, decent location with nice views from high floors. Upscale compared to 4* Hilton across the street.

Couln't get it again for 1/10-1/12 even at $70. Bummer.

• 1 year later...

We just returned from a stay at the Hyatt - also booked for $50 through Priceline. Just wanted to mention that we were treated very well - no mention of Priceline (on the check in it said CODE: WBID). We called the night before and asked to be in one of the RENOVATED rooms on an upper floor. The lower floor rooms are not yet renovated, and they look not so good. The renovated rooms have large LCD TV screens, long desk, updated decor, fridge, etc. Much nicer. Just thought I would mention it - give a call and I am sure it won't be a problem. Just to let you know, if you were planning on bringing your own DVD player, they will not hook up to the new TVs. They might tell you they will, but they don't - trust us. It was a pain. :)

I just wanted to add a couple of items to my "quickie" review above:

*Free self parking (never had a problem finding a spot), $15/night valet

*$9.95/night internet access in room (bummer)

*no in-room microwaves; however, you can take items down to the restaurant and they will microwave for you (but not give you any utensils or plates to eat on)

*restaurant prices and room services prices are exactly the same (except for the $2 charge and 18% service/gratuity they add to room service)

*on premises sushi bar

*in room coffee and tea, with "to go" cups and lids

*no honor bar

*fitness room very large and well equipped

*cabanas at the pool

*"gift shop" on premises, but didn't visit, so I can't speak to that

*toiletries are a "spa" brand I didn't recognize, but they were nice quality

*you can walk to Great America from the Hyatt, and the 101 is only about 1 mile away

*there are several "shopping areas" w/in 1-3 miles for food (In 'N Out Burgers, Jamba Juice, Starbucks, sushi, mexican, Ben and Jerry's, Baja Fresh, McDonalds, Bennigans, Carl's Jr, Jack in the Box, Sizzler, Indian and Chinese, etc) as well as a large AMC movie theatre

*view of golf course and parking garage from back of hotel - if you crane your neck you can see Great America

*no mention of priceline when checking in - just that it was prepaid

All in all, a fabulous property - especially with a low winning bid on priceline! :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]