Hotwire Hotel: 4.5* St. Lucia Marigot Beach Club and Dive Resort

Bushcaddy
By Bushcaddy,
in

Just as a heads up, I won a 4.5 star "Secret Rate Hotel" on Hotwire for November in St Lucia that turned out to be a 3.5 star at best.

Ended up winning the Marigot Beach Club & Dive resort, which is listed on other sites as either a 3 or 3.5 star.  I know that star ratings are subjective, but this one isn't even close.  And most reviews on this property are medicore, so I don't buy their excuse that they adjust their star ratings based on reviews.

On top of that, because they listed this a 4.5 star, they claimed a savings of 71% vs other hotels.  In fact, I could have bought this hotel cheaper elsewhere.

Not cool in my opinion, and their customer service will do nothing about it.

Going to try their arbitration process.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Sorry to hear you're disappointed with your purchase.

Can you please add a reply to this thread with the room rate per nite, dates of your stay, and amenities HOTWIRE shows for this property when viewing your purchase history using the MY ACCOUNT link on the top right of their home page.

... we will then comment further on your situation above.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, it gets worse.

I was looking to book for the other 5 nights of our stay (Nov 21-26), and came across a good deal on a 5* hotel in St Lucia.

I figured there was no way it was the same hotel I had purchased before (it was listed as a 4.5*), so I bought it.

Well, guess what, it turned out to be the very same lowly rated 3.5* Marigot Beach Club & Dive Resort!

Anway, won it for $164 (CAD) per night, features:

Resort

Free Internet

Fitness Center

Business Center

Spa Services

Free Parking

Pet Friendly

Pool(s)

Self Serve Laundry

Free Breakfast

Near Beach

Restaurant(s)

Internet Access

Bewar the star ratings on Hotwire!

Can you please add a reply to this thread with the room rate per nite, dates of your stay, and amenities HOTWIRE shows for this property when viewing your purchase history using the MY ACCOUNT link on the top right of their home page.

2x

I was looking to book for the other 5 nights of our stay (Nov 21-26), and came across a good deal on a 5* hotel in St Lucia.

I figured there was no way it was the same hotel I had purchased before (it was listed as a 4.5*), so I bought it.

Well, guess what, it turned out to be the very same lowly rated 3.5* Marigot Beach Club & Dive Resort!

Please post your subsequent win as a NEW TOPIC so that others will be aware of this purchase when searching the topic titles on the board and in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins.

In the future feel free to ask the board for assistance before your next opaque hotel purchase and we will try to help you have a more positive experience.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]