Hotwire Hotel: Comparing Hotwire Secret Hot rates to Hotwire Standard Rates

headoflife
By headoflife,
in

I am looking at hotels in Elyria, OH for a night 4/1-4/2, and I see a 3 star hotel for $87 that lists a comparison of $109, and a 2.5 star for $76 that lists a comparison rate of $149.  If I click to the standard rate hotels, I see a 3 star at $109 that is the Country Inn and Suites and a 2.5 star for $149 that is the Hampton Inn.  Hotels.com shows both of these hotels as 2.5 star hotels, and the rates there are the same as the standard rates on Hotwire..  If I click on each of those hotels though, the show that I can get a hotel for $89 and $76 respectively, but each one indicates that those cheaper Secret Hot Rate hotels are a certain distance away from the properties whose names are shown.  There are not that many hotels in town, and the amenities listed do not allow one to rule out other hotels.  How likely is it that these are the properties in question, and more generally, can you look at the Hotwire Standard Rates and make a good guess as to what property is being referenced in the secret rates?  Do they use the same star ratings and the same pricing?

Note that the crossed out rate is an average price of hotels of this star rating in the zone for your dates, NOT necessarily the rate of the hotel currently being offered. So no, you can't compare the rates and use this an ID tool.

If you need any ID help so please run a search using our BiddingHelper.com tool at the top of this page. Once the search is completed, use the EASY VIEW TAB and click the GREEN BUTTON next to this listing to view the complete set of amenities. Then copy and paste the amenities, as well as the price, in a reply to this thread and we will then have a look at this offer.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Yellowdog.

On the easy view the 3* is $95 and shows FULL AMENITIES: Free parking, Free breakfast, Free Internet, Indoor pool(s), Fitness center, Pool(s), Self-service laundry, Internet access, Wheelchair accessible.  This property shows up at $87 if I click to the regular Hotwire tab, and is recommended by 90% of customers.  

The 2.5 sta is $$81 on easy view and shows FULL AMENITIES: Free breakfast,  Pool(s), and on the regular Hotwire tab shows at $76 and says they are still gathering reviews.  That is the other reason I thought it might be the Hampton, since that is a newer hotel.  Thanks for the help!

My best guess for the 3* would be the Country Inn and Suites Elyria... i don't have a guess for the 2.5*, but i'm doubtful that it's the Hampton Inn.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Now the 3* shows at $71, in case that changes you opinion.    I can't imagine what the 2.5* one is, if it is not the Hampton.  Hot.wire says it starts by using Expe.dia's ratings and then varies based on customer reviews, and the Hampton is the only other 2.5 star hotel on Expedia.  The only other properties with vacancies that have a pool and breakfast are the  Best Western and Red Roof Inn, and they are each rated 2* on Expedia.  Also, the regular rate at the Best Western is only $81 and the Red Roof Inn is only $57.  I would book the one you think is the Country Inn but my daughter has issues with smoke, and while it is now non-smoking it was not always and if we got a room that had been smoked in she would probably not be able to sleep.

Now the 3* shows at $71, in case that changes you opinion.

The price on the 3* jumps up and down, I'm getting $102 on my search for 2a + 1c. But I still believe it's the Country Inn and Suites.

I can't imagine what the 2.5* one is, if it is not the Hampton.  Hotwire says it starts by using Expedia's ratings and then varies based on customer reviews, and the Hampton is the only other 2.5 star hotel on Expedia.

If this is the case could a well reviewed  2* on Expedia be rated 2.5* on HOTWIRE if I understand you correct ;)

And I agree with thereuare, I don't believe the 2.5* is Hampton.

Also, the regular rate at the Best Western is only $81 and the Red Roof Inn is only $57.

The price on a regular booking site vs the rate on HOTWIRE is never a valid ID tool. It could be that the price on HOTWIRE only is discounted with a few dollars.

Keep us updated on your progress and let us know what you ultimately decide or if we can be of further help. 

Yellowdog.

I'm not sure how sensitive your daughter is to smoke but i believe the Country Inn and Suites has been a non-smoking hotel for a very long time (and likely went thru a major cleaning of smoking rooms at the time).

For the 2.5* i'll throw a guess of the Red Roof Inn and Suites Elyria, but i'm not certain.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

... of if you need to book a regular rate hotel please use our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com.

Let us know what you decide to do for this stay or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]