Priceline Hotel: First time in London help

tignor
By tignor,
in

Hubby and I are considering London trip in September, probably Sept. 8-14 (though we are flexible). We aren't committed to it, we are also thinking Vegas, but it's a big birthday (one that ends with 0 for him), and we want to celebrate and, while we love Vegas, are thinking maybe something different.

We have never been to London. We would like easy access to public transportation (Underground if possible, but taxi ok) and an interesting, safe area. We want to do the touristy things, but are also big Beatles and theatre fans, so maybe that will help with any advice you could give us.

Should we risk trying Price.line or just stick with Hot.wire, or would it just be easier to book a package through the airline? Of course, I always use your links. ;)

Thanks!

S.

You will likely get nicer hotels for your money in Vegas, but on the other hand if you've done Vegas many times and have never been to London, making your plans now while the dollar is strong might offer some of the best opportunity/value to cross the pond, if it's something you have been wanting to do.

Vegas vs. London are ereally two very different experiences, do i think you should first decide what you want from this trip/birthday celebration and proceed accordingly.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know once you decide how you'd like to move forward and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I don't know what I want really. See the sights, take a tour of Beatles landmarks (for sure), see a show in the West End, maybe a day tour to Stratford-on-Avon or Stonebridge, stuff like that. My husband is not comfortable to drive, so we won't be renting a car.

I'd like a 4* hotel. I understand the star ratings are higher than in the US, so a 3.5* here would be a 4* there. I'd like to stay under $200. If we go, those are our dates.

Thanks for your help!

I don't know what I want really.

Have you confirmed London as your destination or is that still up in the air as well?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, there. Ok, so we have decided to book an air/hotel package directly through a company online -- it will be easier and is comparable based on my research.

I did a search and made a list of hotels that were under a certain price and near the Underground. When we are ready to book, we will look them up on Tripadvisor and book the hotel with the higher rating (based on the #). So far, that looks like it will be Hotel Indigo London - Tower Hill, but could be Hotel Indigo London Kensington - Earl's Court, but either way -- won't be using Hot.wire or Price.line for this one.

Thank you for your help regardless! You guys are awesome.

From the Support Page note that we have links to Expedia (and many others) where you can book flight + hotel as a 'package' (although i usually find that booking the flight on my own and the hotel thru PRICELINE/HOTWIRE to be cheaper than a package deal)

I did a search through Kayak. Flight alone is $1211 and flight + hotel (the Indigo in Tower Hill, for 2 guests) is $1780 per person for 6 nights, that's $189 a night. This is today, of course, and we will of course use your Expe.dia or other link should that be what Kayak is telling us. Currently, Hot.wire only gives us 2 4* hotels in that same area (City of London-Towerbridge) as the Indigo, at $206 and $209.

The problem is we really want to make sure we know what hotel we are getting for our first trip...can't predict that on Hot.wire or Price.line.

Also we are not flying out of a hub airport. The nearest is at least a 3 hour drive, one we don't like to add on to an already long trip. So we pay much more for that convenience. ;)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]