Priceline Hotel: Honolulu 4*, south

flipside94
By flipside94,
in

Happy New Year everyone!!!

Well anyways... going to be going to honolulu

Jan 19-24th

Our price max would be 140$ (do you think this is to low for the given time?)

We would like to stay in hononlulu south only.

Pricing Waikiki Outrigger on the beach is about $168.00/per night (this includes a 5th night free from "BookIt.com") <~~ I'm almost wondering if this is a better deal than priceline.

My second option I would consider would be the Sheraton Moana listed as a resort in the south. max would pay would be $180 ($265 @ starwood website)

My last preference would be a 3 star in the south honolulu, but want to avoid getting parc shore! I wouldn't even know where to start in bidding Radisson Prince Kuhio showing for $199

thanks in advance for any help!!!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

I don't think i understand your post... you ask about a maximum bid of $140 but then a maximum bid of $180. As well, you mention the Moana Surfer by name, but you can not bid on a specific hotel.

If you clarify the above we'll try to help.

PS-note that the room you're inquiring about at the Outrigger is smaller than their standard room and not sold thru many other online agents

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

thankyou "theaurue" (sp?)

sorry about the confusion ...let me try to clarify!

First, I would go for about $140 max for a 4* in south Honolulu... If this was not plausable, then I would try for other options which could be...

(2) bidding higher for a resort in south honolulu, in which my max would be $180 (correct me if I'm wrong, I know we do not ever really know what hotel we may get but would this be most likely Sheraton) I do know hotels may change @ any time, but historically it seems this hotel comes up alot.

(3) third option would be to try for a 3* hotel, which I may be inclined to doing if other options are not plausible.

hope this adds some clarification to what I am trying to accomplish? Any other questions please let me know!

Also thankyou for clarifying that the room for the Outrigger Waikiki On The Beach on that website may be different...I probably would want the standard room <~~~but want to see around what it would cost me!

"Thereuare" also just a quick question how do you know that the room on that website is smaller?

thankyou

If you're interested in the Outrigger, call them up and ask them what their Entertainment Card discount rate would be.

As far as priceline bids go, I have the feeling that the 4 stars may be a little pricey for your days unless you try to split your bid. You'd have to fiddle with the dates on priceline vacations and hotwire to try to guess if your initial bids for the full stay are rejected at the price you want to pay. Hotwire is showing a cheap 3 star -- don't know if that's a weak priceline 3 star or a 2 1/2 star (further research would be required looking at this site's hotel list).

You'll never know until you try. On the 3 stars, obviously you need to be flexible in Honolulu because it's impossible to know exactly which hotel you get. Of course, if you bid low, you'll get reasonable value whatever you get.

If you look at the room classes, the $124 (including free nite) is listed as Standard/Moderate, while the next class is "City View". Looking at the room description of Standard/Moderate ends with:

some rooms do not have balcony, mostly small rooms 350 sq ft.

When trying for a 4* in the South Zone, you have two re-bid zones available. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask any questions you have and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board.

I would begin to try as follows:

Select 4* Waikiki South...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $130, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Selelct 4* and Waikiki South and re-bid zone2...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $140.

However, if you want to increase your chances of winning a 4* i would sooner suggest a $148 maximum bid and bid as follows:

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $135, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Selelct 4* and Waikiki South and re-bid zone2...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $148.

Start with the above and if rejected we'll then take the next step.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

thankyou so much for the bidding advise! I will use this strategy when I bid tomorrow night (this will be the next free time that I can bid from my computer)

I will use the SB link for sure and will let you know how it goes!

Thereuare, by the way, did you watch the Rose Bowl, I live in Pasadena

Couldn't stay up for the entire bowl game and didn't have enough of a vested interest one way or the other. I always root for the Big 10 in bowl games as when they win it gives the conference more credibility, but i also have relatives who live in Tallahassee who are obviously big FSU fans, so was hoping for them to see their team win as well.

Well, I tried to bid using the strategy and bid from the "sb" link, but was not to land the 4* star with a final bid of $148. :) Any other bidding strategies or suggestions??? For a 4* hotel in south honolulu?

thankyou

~sorry about those other faces on my other post, I'm a newbie & have yet to perfect where to place these "smilies" :)

However, if you want to increase your chances of winning a 4* i would sooner suggest a $148 maximum bid and bid as follows:

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $15, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

thereuare, also just a quick question (don't know if I got the right quote here) but was that "bid $15" a typo, because I completely skipped this section because there is no way priceline would accept a $15 bid, right? So I went to $140, then $148 bid

thanks

Yes, it was a typo, should have been $135 and i have corrected it above.

Would you consider SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID?

I was recently in Honolulu and stayed at the Prince in the North zone... we though it was great. Not where you want to be if you're heading to Waikiki Beach everyday, but the do have a shuttle to the beach and shopping area, and we also had a rental car to go elsehwere (which imo is necessary as i highly recommend getting outside of the tourist area).

I was trying not to split up the trip...I understand that the 5 days I am requesting seem to complicate the matter :). I would prefer to keep them together, even if it meant paying a little more! Should I wait it out, or do you think occupancy will continue to climb in the next 13 days (We leave the 19th)!

I have scored some deals in San Diego & San Francisco area buying my hotel the week of the trip, don't know if Priceline was just trying to get rid of the rooms or was just lucky?

As far as N Waikiki, I am familiar with honolulu & have seen others landing the N for cheaper bids, I know that some of the hotels in the N are beautiful, but want to be in the action of S Waikiki, as my wife & I are younger. I just love the scene by the international marketplace & all the restaurants within walking distance

Should I wait out the 4* or should I try moving on to something else...I have seen others recently get a 3* in the south area for around $100/night, which is starting to look tempting. Especially considering it is $50 difference per night.

If you change your dates it is treated as an entirely separate bid, so that is not a problem. However, you will need to make each purchase separately, so since you say "they would both need to be in the South zone", what would happen if you're successful for the first split dates you try for and then are rejected for the second set of dates? Most would then just go to their next best option, such as lowering star rating or raising their maximum bid for the balance of the stay, but based upon your comment i'm not sure if this is an acceptable approach for you.

I'll also reiterate for anyone else following along to avoid confusion, you're not necessarily bidding for a beachfront property, you're bidding for a 4* hotel anywhere within the designated region.

• 2 months later...

I found a great deal on www.bookit.com for the Outrigger Waikiki On The Beach @ the time for $168.00/night (or in that range) @ the time, which was a great deal becasue all other websites were showing $250+...

I tried priceline several times with no avail...I later realized that they were fully booked... Also when I checked in I was going to try the "$20 tip", but was immediately upgraded to a partial ocean view room without even trying d/t the place being booked solid (I think that it may have helped that after booking we requested for higher floors & a King size bed as they really tried to accomidate us)...

All in all we loved the hotel and had a great time...it is in the central area where we wanted to be...all staff (valet, bellhop, etc) were always curteous and professional would choose this place again...

thankyou for your help and insight "thereuare"

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]