Priceline Hotel: 4* Maui (Kaanapali - Lahaina) Sheraton Maui Resort and Spa

bvatavuk
By bvatavuk,
in

Hi,

I am looking to bid in the maui laihaina area only. And I want to get a 4 star. Problem is that there are a few condos and apartments at 4 star. I want to stay in a hotel. Is there anyway to guarantee not to get a condo while bidding? When you choose a star rating and I choose 4 star delux, it shows they have fitness centers and pools. I noticed the condos dont have fitness centers, will this guarantee me not getting a condo. Thanks

Welcome to BetterBidding!

The short answer is no on both of your questions. You can't bid on or avoid a specific property when using PRICELINE You have to be able to accept any hotel in the zone at the star rating (or higher) you select. And the amenities that you see for the bidding service are amenities PRICELINE guarantee, but there could be/are more.

My guess is that you have looked at the retail side of PRICELINE? But please note that the bidding side use different hotels and the zones are different so you can't compare the inventory.

But if you feel unsure to bid for an unknown property can you go with PRICELINE EXPRESS or HOTWIRE. Both services works similar. If you're trying to target a specific property then HOTWIRE can often be a better option if you're successfully able to identify it based upon the star rating and amenities shown before your purchase... the trade-off is that HOTWIRE usually costs a little more than PRICELINE, so you need to decide what is most important to you for a given stay, the lowest possible price OR the ability to take an educated guess as to the property you may receive.

Please read this link: I've never used Priceline or Hotwire

Let us know your thoughts and we'll go from there. I'm sure we'll find a good solution. Please also post your upcoming dates.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchases and searches.

Yellowdog.

@yellow dog,

That is exactly what i did  I looked at the retail side to see what was offered at 4 star. I want to avoid condos, especially the polynesian shores. The thing is when you go to bid and click on 4 star deluxe, it shows a pool and fitness as amenities. Are those guaranteed, because if they are then I am safe from getting the condos listed on the retail end because none of them have fitness. Is this a safe assumption. Dates I'm planning to go June 15th-20th. Thanks

The amenities shown on the bidding side of PRICELINE are guaranteed, but at this point of the bidding process PRICELINE has not yet checked inventory for your dates, so these are amenities that are offered at every hotel in the zone at this star rating. I'd question your assessment that every condo does not have a pool and fitness center (almost all hotels/condos in Maui have a pool and i would imagine that at least some of them offer fitness equipment).

If you have faith in your assessment that there are no condos in this zone that offer a fitness center than you are 'safe' to bid and avoid a condo, but as per above i'm not so confident that this is the case (since the hotels shown on the 'retail' side of PRICELINE are not necessarily an exhaustive list of what you can win when bidding), that it would be a much safer bet to go with a PRICELINE EXPRESS or HOTWIRE listing where you can be reasonably sure that you're not looking at a condo property.

What is your expected budget per nite for a 4* for this trip?

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we will advise accordingly.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I think my assumption is correct. I started bidding last night. Started at 160. 5 dollar increments until. Got up to 185 still no win. Will start off at 190 today. I am assuming my assumption is correct because the cheaper 4 star condos i wanted to avoid were 150 and 170, and I didnt win them with bids higher thrn the retail side so it seems like an accurate assumption. I will keep increasing bid amount by 5 dollar increments until I hit 200. Thanks for the help

so, on my third day of bidding, been increasing 5 dollars each time. I want a 4 start hotel, Laihana area, dates june 15th- June 20th. I'm up to 210 dollars and just got rejected. There is a PRICELINE EXPRESS deal for $228 per night for a 4 star in that area and during those dates

What hotel do you think the 4 star hotel is? guest rating 8+, pool, pets allowed, fitness center, free internet, business center. 

My game plan is to go up until I hit $225 dollars on bidding, if that does't work then I will do the express deal. I guess saving 3 bucks a night is still worth it when your cheap lol.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you scored a great deal at this property and are pleased with the outcome (and the amount of savings!)

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]