Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Phoenix (West Mesa) Marriott Phoenix Mesa

lovemeadeal
By lovemeadeal,
in

I was going to book Hot.wire 4 star resort in Chandler - South Tempe - Ahwatukee area for 133$/night but am flexible in area so thought might as well try name a price. Other option was West Mesa 3.5 express deal on priceline for 127$/night (could also stay in Scottsdale, South Tempe).  My bids are going to be starting in 115$ in tempe south area for 4 star and adding apache for free rebid, then start new  with tempe south and cave creek, adding apache for rebid continuing on like this according to permutations advice.  I am posting here and using your PRICELINE links cuz you all seem nicer.  Any advice on how to get a better deal on a 4 star hopefully arizona grand? Maybe should I start lower?

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Let's back up for a minute...

To being (forgetting at the moment what you will do if unsuccessful)... are you first bidding on PRICELINE for a 4* hotel or a 3.5* level property?

Whichever star rating it is that you're bidding, which zone(s) are acceptable at this star rating and what would be your maximum bid at this star rating be before you lower your star rating and/or include 'secondary' zones (which may not be as desirable for you as your first choice/group of zones)?

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Let us know the information above and we will suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi there,

Thanks for the reply! Yes, I was trying to say I will I would resort to either Hot.wire or Express Deal if unsuccessful. 

So, I am bidding on Price.line at a 4 star.  South Tempe is preferred just because I would like to try to snag Arizona Grand.  Chandler-Gilbert is also just as good and Scottsdale is 'secondary'.  Max bid is 138/night.

South Tempe is preferred just because I would like to try to snag Arizona Grand.  Chandler-Gilbert is also just as good and Scottsdale is 'secondary'.

One point of clarification... did you want to first bid only South Tempe and Chandler-Gilbert up to $138 for a 4* hotel (and Scottsdale should be excluded), OR is the least expensive 4* of South Tempe, Chandler-Gilbert, and Scottsdale your goal? (and Scottsdale should be included)

Please confirm the above and we will suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

When biddinng 4* in the Phoenix area you have TEN re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Chandler...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $103, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $108, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* South Tempe...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $103, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $108, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* Chandler and South Tempe...

Bid $113, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $118, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $123, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $128, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $133, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $138

My guess is that your bidding above may fall a little short, and that you're basing your $138/nite maximum bid on the current HOTWIRE rate for a 4* hotel in this area. HOWEVER, keep in mind that the HOTWIRE offer may be a property that is only 3.5* rated by PRICELINE, and therefore not an applies-to-apples comparson.

Any questons on the above let us know (especially confirming your re-bid zones if you're new to the subject and/or unsure) and we will advise further.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

This was going to be my last increase on the 3.5 star before I added other areas.  This is the area that was the closest to our family but honestly I wish I went for cheaper in adjacnet areas.  Bitter sweet.  Fun though. Thanks so much for the 4 star support.  Started low and worked up at $1 increments at four star to $144 a night in South Tempe, Chandler, and Scottsdale with no takers.  That is when I started low at $100 on a 3.5 star in West Mesa.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]