Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Seattle (Airport SEA) Radisson Hotel Seattle Airport

hikergirl11
By hikergirl11,
in

Hi all

I am new to this board and to Priceline. It took me about an hour to get up the guts to bid on a hotel and pull the trigger (I guess I like control!).  :)

I have bid 4 times now and all have been rejected. I bid $65 for a 3.5 start SEATAC hotel a couple times, then upped my bid to $70, and then added a 3 star option and rebid $65. 

I found a price of $110 online for a decent 3 star SEATAC hotel so with all the taxes and fees I don't want to pay more than $95 or so on Priceline, as I am willing to pay $15 more to choose my own hotel.

The stuff I saw on this message board is a little old -- people getting the Radisson and other amazing hotels for like $40 or $50 bux.

Am I way off with my bid? Am I just too early (this is for May)? Should I just be patient?

Also, the addition of the 3 star hotel class seemed to come with an extra $3.50 hotel "fee." Weird.

Any help appreciated. I hope I followed all the rules -- I did try.

Finally -- does anyone know how to change my username -- not my email but my username. I tried many steps but couldn't figure it out. I confess I'm not super tech savvy.

Many, many thanks. 

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Rates are date specific and can vary greatly from one date to the next... what is the actual nite of your stay? What is the hotel that you found that is $110 all-in?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know the information above and we will advise accordingly.

PS- i'll send you a PM regarding changing your username

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi many thanks for all the help

The actual date for my stay is May 18, 2015, Monday, for one night.

The rate I got was for the Radisson SEATAC and it turned out to be $107 but not all in -- $120 with taxes and fees. Didn't read the fine print until I went to book. Still a pretty good rate and free cancellation up to the day before. So I booked it on your advice as a safety net but am still hunting around for a better bargain.

Many thanks for changing my username. And all the help.

If you didn't, please use our sister site RefundableRates.com to book your back-up reservations... as well, the interface there makes it very easy to weigh all of your refundable options as well as to determine how much more/less it would cost to go up/down in star rating OR to stay closer/further from your ideal location.

HOTWIRE has what looks to be the Best Western Airport for $84/nite... PRICELINE EXPRESS has a 3.5* for $93/nite which i'm guessing is the Radisson.

Either of these work for your needs and better than your back-up reservation?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi -- the $93 is certainly better than my back up even with the taxes and fees -- plus priceline gave me a 10% coupon for signing up which will reduce it to about $100 on the nose. Just to double check -- it looks like the express deals are final -- no cancellation, right? So, if I book it, I'm done -- it isn't a back up. Or am I reading wrong?

You can try THIS LINK (confirm the dates on the landing page) but this is the property i'm guessing to be the Radisson, with:

Indoor or Outdoor Pool

Pets Allowed

Restaurant

Fitness Center

Airport Shuttle

Free Internet

Business Center

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Hello -- I decided to go with the PRICELINE EXPRESS deal and it was indeed the Radisson SEATAC, thereuare! How did you know?  :)

I did try a couple more bids but no go. I wonder if I'd been more patient if I could have done better, but I didn't know how long the express deal would be around and it seemed too good to pass up.

So glad I joined this board. Helped a lot. Thanks so much!

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received a nice deal and that it was the hotel you were hoping for... we're happy to have helped! (and we're glad you joined the board too :) )

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your purchase.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]