Priceline Hotel: 3* Phoenix (Scottsdale) Doubletree Paradise Valley

D-Rock
By D-Rock,
in

Today I bid up to $120 for a 3* hotel in Scottsdale for check in January 27th and check out the 29th. No luck. Any suggestions on what it might take? Cheapest 3* on the hotels websites was the Millenium Resort Scottsdale Mccormick Ranch at $169/night. That is not much savings if I get it for anywhere north of $125. Does anyone have any recommendations? Stay in North Phoenix at a Resort versus Scottsdale? I'm not real familiar with the Phoenix area so I don't know if that would be a good place to stay. I have heard so much about Scottsdale so I was thinking we would stay there. Any help from anyone would be appreciated. Thank you.

Thereuare, sorry I was so confusing but I was talking about the resorts in the North Phoenix Zone.

The Hilton Squaw Peak shows up at $197/night & the Point Hilton Tapatio Cliffs at $179/night. I just don't know whether it would be worth it to get a resort in the North Phoenix zone or bid higher for a 3* in the Scottsdale Zone. I think I would win a resort in the North Phoenix zone for cheaper than I am going to get anything 3* and above in the Scottsdale zone. Any opinions on what are the advantages of staying in Scottsdale versus Phoenix North Zone?

What are your plans when you come out to Phoenix? Theres a resort in the Tempe/ASU zone that might work for you. Its about a 15 min drive to Ssottsdale. The Wyndham Buttes is on Hotwire for $157 and most of the time you can get it cheaper on PL. Theres only two resorts in this zone,the Buttes and the Point South Mountain. The point has a higher PL price then the Buttes. I have always got the Buttes when its available on Hotwire and its one of my favorite places in Phoenix. The only problem with the buttes is if you don't eat at the resort you will have to drive 5-10 miles to get good food. If you have any questions about the area just ask and I will help any way I can.

Both of the Hilton Resorts in north Phx are nice and close to Scottsdale.

http://www.wyndham.com/hotels/PHXBU/main.wnt

BBBB, thanks for the info. Do you think the Hiltons' would be available for cheaper than a 3* or better in Scottsdale? We are planning on hiking Camelback MTN. and going out in Scottsdale for dinner. Other than that just hang out at the pool if it is warm enough. Any other suggestions?

Its been warm here all week,lets hope the warm weather holds out for you.

Theres a few hotels that come up @ 3* in the Scottsdale zone that if it were me I would not want to win. Resort suites is more of a time share and I am not impressed (apartment looking)when I have driven by it.Its also way north in Scottsdale. The Millennium has a ok location but its pretty small,I can't speek for their pool. The 2.5* hotels that have come up in this zone in the past are not bad hotels.

The north Phx resorts (Hiltons) are nice large resorts.There both about a 15-20 min drive to the action in Scottsdale and some times come up at $80 on PL. If you won the Tapatio Hilton there are some nice hiking trails right around it.

You might spend a little time walking around Scottsdale old town or go down to mill ave in tempe by ASU. Theres also a nice high end shopping center at Scottsdale Rd and Greenway Parkway that you have to check out,I think its called the Kierland commons. Its right be the Westin Kierland resort.

• 2 weeks later...

3* Doubletree Paradise Valley Scottsdale $85/night 1/27 - 1/29

I bid yesterday up to $90. When I bid $90 it offered a $22/counter offer. I did not accept and bid $92 but no luck. I bid today and started at $85 and won the Doubletree Paradise Valley Scottsdale. At one point I bid up to $125 trying for a 3* or better.

Cheapest price on Doubletree's website is $170/night for those nights. I hope I didn't overbid....I tried to prevent this by bidding lower than I had yesterday. Who knows......still a 50% savings. Thanks for a Great Site!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]