Can the hotel-list page please stop requiring reloads?

netpog
By netpog,
in

The hotel-list feature is great!  Indeed, the site is full of great features and helpful links, and I thank you for it.

But the fact that the hotel lists ask for a page-reload, and do so INCREDIBLY frequently, is maddening.  I have several tabs open, as I plan my trip, and that one always pops to the top, and INSISTS that its dialog-box pop-up be acknowledged.  It comes across as insecure and needy, and it really deserves to enjoy a better sense of self-esteem. 

Seriously: It's a fine page, despite it's anxiety about showing me the very-freshest data.  And the data does NOT in fact change every few minutes. If it wanted a refresh after a couple or few hours, and didn't demand acknowledgement with a mouse-click, I'd feel less hectored and harassed by it.  As it's now implemented, that page does not seem to be seeking healthy relationships with your users.

Thanks again for a great website,

Dan

The need to refresh the page is certainly less frequent than 'every few minutes' (i forget the setting but the timing is substantially more than that), but this is tied into the many things that take place behind the scenes that helps to keep this place running smoothly, so this isn't something that we will be changing in the near future.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]