Priceline Hotel: Asheville, NC 3 Star Hotels

GreatWhite
By GreatWhite,
in

Hey guys, I'm getting ready to start a bid for an Asheville Hotel. Just have one question.

Based on the hotel list here, the "Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Asheville - Downtown" is in the "Asheville East - Tunnel rd" area, hence the Four Points would be the only 3 start hotel in the Downtown area, is that correct? I'd like to get the Four Points because is at a walking distance of most places I'd go to.

This is the Holiday Inn I'm referring to:

http://www.priceline.com/hotel/hotelOverviewGuide.do?key=i6je1k17&propID=9202605&jsk=544a200a464a200a20150224142326d76011605104&plf=PCLH

Thanks much.

Two issues here.

1 - Even if a hotel shows in one zone in the Hotel Lists, Priceline makes changes to the zone boundaries from time to time.  The current zone map on Priceline rules.  So you can't rely on the Hotel List for including or excluding properties.  You could closely examine the Priceline zone map and make your determination as to whether that HI is in or out.  You can zoom way in on the zone maps and get street detail.

2 - If bidding 3* Downtown, you have to be willing to accept any 3* or higher property in the Downtown zone map.  Even if nobody has reported another 3*, there may well be one out there.  Hotels get their star ratings raised or lowered.  Some hotel may have just elected to begin working through Priceline.  I've several times gotten hotels not previously reported here.  You could get upgraded to a 3.5* clear out on the outer edge of the zone.

Romelle

PS - I'm a member, not a board official, but thought I'd just help you move your thinking on to your next consideration.

See the comments at the top of the Priceline Hotel List which reiterates Romelle's comments (and she is far more knowledgeable then she lets on ;) )

To further emphasize that there can always be hotels new hotels added and/or not yet reported to the board, the Aloft is a 3* hotel in this zone that would be at least one other possibility.

What are the dates of your stay and your maximum bid for this trip?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]