Priceline Hotel: 4* DC (Dupont Circle - Woodley Park) Omni Shoreham Hotel

PartyGirl
By PartyGirl,
in

Used PRICELINE link and started out with $80. Then bid 10 less than the express deal. Accepted

$174.00
Taxes & Fees: $35.60
Total Charged Today: $209.60

This hotel looks really nice. I like Palomar but I'm looking forward to staying here, although, I hope I don't have the same experience as I did at Affinia (I'm pretty sure I shared that win): gave me the smallest, oldest, farthest room possible. Was a little disappointed. I don't use Hotwire because this always happens (one hotel clerk said Hotwire selects the lowest room choice, whereas Priceline selects the standard room choice).Any ideas how to prevent being treated like a second class citizen? 

Thanks!

Congrats on your success. :)

Excellent deal for this property and glad you are looking forward to trying the hotel.

Discount reservations are not eligible for rewards programs, but try signing up for Omni Select Guest (free on the website), which shows your interest in the brand and they may (emphasis on may) be able to give you some of the perks.

Thank you for sharing your win and please use the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

If you feel you're not being treated well at a given property i'd first try to speak (calmly and logically) to the hotel clerk to resolve any issues, if unsuccessful try to speak to the hotel manager, if that too fails then try calling corporate. When speaking to anyone trying to get an issue resolved, try to be specific as to what the issue is and what it is you would like done. For example, "I'd like a better room" is not tangible and does not give the hotel many options to know if/how they can meet your needs... whereas "The room is a bit far from the elevator and i will be making many trips to/from my room during this stay, is it possible to get something closer" tells them precisely what it is that you would like).

Hotels are in the hospitality business, so they are usually pretty good at trying to please the guest, as long as the request is reasonable and available. If all else fails, offering to pay for an upgrade is another option (and you can always counter their upgrade fee, since although they are in the hospitality business, they are still a business).

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I've been here via Price.line several times and they will at least give you the Omni Select complimentary coffee/juice tray and newspaper.

At a couple Hilton hotels I've been given complimentary room upgrades as a member of their free rewards program, even with a Price.line room.

The free rewards programs are worth your time.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]