Priceline Hotel: 4/3/2.5* Austin (Downtown) Failed Bids

GM Mike
By GM Mike,
in

This is a continuation of this earlier post -- I was looking for 12/30/05-1/1/06 and split the bid to get the first night at the Omni.

I'm having no luck getting the second night. This morning's bidding history:

4* $45/$50/$55/$62/$66/$70 using free rebids (that's our max price right now)

then 3* $50/$60

then 2.5* $55/$65

Nothing accepted, no counteroffers.

The cheapest thing downtown is the Super 8 for $90. I've got a backup reservation there, but that's way way way more than we want to spend on a Super 8! We might stay at an airport hotel or with a friend, tho we'd REALLY like to be downtown. Hotwire has a 3* (probably the Holiday Inn - Town Lake) available right now at $95. There is also a 4* (probably the Hotel or maybe the Omni), and just now a 4.5* (probably the Intercontinental) was added.

What I'm hoping is inventory will open up as we get closer and I'll follow a similar bidding pattern on the 30th.

And maybe even get the Omni, since it is probably on Hotwire right now.

We have a solution!

We worked out a deal with the front desk at the Omni this morning to stay one more night at a rate between our priceline rate last night and the rack rate. It's more than we wanted to spend but we absolutely love this hotel and don't want to move. :)

If you need a room in downtown Austin tonight, the Omni still has a few available. It'll cost you, tho. But maaaaaan is it ever worth it. I think this might be the best hotel in which I've ever stayed.

Consider this thread closed.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]