Hotwire Hotel: Please help ID 3* Convention Center - Arts District

smcouch
By smcouch,
in

I searched for hotels with an indoor pool.  One has returned, showing as 3* with the following: free internet, business center, indoor pool, self service laundry, fitness center - $125 per night.

I checked the hotel lists on this website, and it looks like it could be the Embassy Suites, although it is listed as a 3.5*.

Any ideas?  Thanks in advance.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please start by reading your messages (which will also remove the red box at the top of the page asking you to do the same)

Then reply here with the dates of this stay so we can replicate your search and we will have a look at the offer above.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you.  I read my messages, and I used the Hotwire link in the forum to perform my search.

The hotel search dates I used were 3/28 - 4/1.

Just performing that search again, using the links in this forum, I see two choices:

(adding indoor pool as an amenity)

1) Convention Center - Arts District 3* $123

free internet, business center, indoor pool, self service laundry, fitness center, pool

2) Convention Center - Arts District 3* $140

pet friendly, pool, indoor pool, restaurant, smoke-free, business center, fitness center, self-service laundry

Thanks in advance!

For future searches/bookings you need to do the following to ensure you're seeing the complete list:

1) use the EASY VIEW tab of our BiddingHelper.com and click the green 'See All Amenities' button

OR

2) search HOTWIRE (or use the HOTWIRE tab at BiddingHelper.com) and...

• click the offer
  • on the next page click the BOOK NOW link
  • in the TRIP SUMMARY box click the 'See more' link at the end of the amenities
When searching for your dates and using the method(s) above this is the amenity set i'm seeing for the 3* hotel offered at $123/nite:

Free Internet

Indoor Pool

Fitness

Pool

Business

Laundry

Hi-Speed Internet

... if this is what you're seeing, the Courtyard by Marriott U.S. Capitol would be a guess but i'm not certain.

I'm not seeing any other 3* hotel offered in this zone, are you still seeing the other property offered on your own search? If so, are you searching for more than one room or something other than the default 2adults/0children?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide for this stay or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for your help.  I followed your advice for #2 below to search HOTWIRE using your link, and clicked under amenities "Indoor Pool" ... still see the same 3* properties I referenced above:

The one you noted at $122, and another at $139.  I did click on the book now, and then went to view all amenities.  They are as follows for the $139 hotel:

pet friendly

smoke-free

pool

business center

indoor pool

fitness center

restaurant

self-service laundry

it's also listed as "amazing" and 95% recommended if that helps.  I didn't change any other filters on # of travelers, etc.

I see this one offered now (when i changed my search to 4adults) but unfortunately i don't have any insight into this one.

What are your needs/budget for this stay... is the Convention Center zone the only one that is acceptable?

no, definitely not.  i'm bringing 2 kids, so was thinking an indoor pool would be fun.  would prefer to be somewhere close to the center of the action for sightseeing.  was primarily looking in the white house area, but i haven't been to DC in years, so i can be convinced otherwise.

so really priorities are SAFE, close to walk to tourist stops and close to a metro, nice-ish - doesn't have to be 5 star, but don't want below 3 stars.  and would like to stay in the $130 range if possible.  appreciate your insight!

by the way, i'm thinking it may be the Embassy Suites in the convention center.  Wondering if their rating has changed?

I didn't change any other filters on # of travelers, etc.

i'm bringing 2 kids...

So are you not including the kids in your HOTWIRE search?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]