Priceline Hotel: San Diego (Gaslamp Quarter)

kingand
By kingand,
in

Unfortunately, rates are high for these dates together due to the back half of this period being noticeably more costly (convention or other event?) I think you may be successful for the first half of your stay (although not likely in Gaslamp, unfortunately and it may take a bit more than $85), but the second half will be more problematic and may require staying outside the core areas. Would you be against splitting your stay?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Leisure trip, it is the cheapest month to fly from where I am so I am taking full advantage and spending the maximum time I can there.  I would not be against splitting my stay.  I would like to be relatively close to downtown areas, but I will have a car, so being outside of these areas wouldn't be too much of a hassle.

Let us know which zones, by PRICELINE name, you're willing to accept and we will suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I would also consider the 5th-19th, 3rd-17th, 2nd-16th

One way of seeing which date splits might work best is to look at each individual date in Hot.wire and/or PRICELINE EXPRESS (for your star level and zone of choice).  

If you see something like $60  62 65 59 140 143 146 140 144 140 in a particular star level and zone it suggests splitting the first 4 days and the last 6.  

Sometimes the pattern really isn't clear, but it can be worth looking.  

Romelle

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]