Priceline Hotel: Downtown Denver

Adam;4
By Adam;4,
in

I would stop bidding for a moment determine a bidding strategy to follow, as a systematic approach to bidding is always better than making decisions as your bids are rejected.

Using our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com what is the best deal you're able to find at an acceptable 4* hotel for these dates. For a 3.5* hotel?

My guess is that you're likely looking at $110-$130 for a 4* hotel... perhaps $10 or so less per nite for a 3.5* property.

Based upon the best available rates thru conventional booking channels, and my guestimates above, what you like to try for first (a 4* or a 3.5*) and at what maximum bid... we can then suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'd say you could start at $80 for a 3.5* and move up by $5's, but you're still likely looking at $100-110 given the rates I'm seeing for these dates as unfortunately these dates seem to be somewhat above-average on rates/traffic.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

When bidding 4* in Devner you have TWELVE re-bid zones... at the 3.5* level you have EIGHT re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

I would bid as follows:

Select 4* Downtown...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $68, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $73, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $78, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $83, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $88, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $93, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95

If the above is rejected close the current browser and use this link to re-acess PRICELINE and try:

Select 3.5* Downtown...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $83, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $88, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $93, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95

Any questions (especially confirming your re-bid zones as you're new to the subject) feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

It lets me rebid. I just changed my bid price then it says bid not accepted. Goes through the whole process. I tried 75 and it said 75 dollar bid not accepted. Then I tried 77 and it said 77 not accepted. Would it give me that message or another if it wouldn't let me bid within 24 hrs

PRICELINE (and HOTWIRE) are always experimenting with different formats/messages, but typically you would get a message that you have already made that bid and that you need to change something (lower star rating, change check-in/check-out, or add a zone) in order to bid again. Every so often a user reports that they could bid again without changing anything, but this is a fluke and it likely won't work the next time you attempt to do so... have you tried it again since your $77 bid?

Then continue doing that until it doesn't work anymore :) (of course assuming that your bids are not being treated as duplicates but you're given a rejection message instead of the usual duplicate message)

... but we won't know this until you are successful while using this method, but unfortunately $95 wasn't an amount that we expected to be successful at 4* or 3.5*, so we won't know until you get closer to a price that we thought would likely be successful.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

In all honesty I just want nicest room for cheapest. I'm even fine with the 2 1/2 star at a good price. I just don't want ramada comfort inn quality in. Those are rated 2star on Priceline site. If I bid on a 2 1/2 star they won't bump up their rating and give me them will they? It also says 7+ rating . Do they use their own ratings on these standards? They have a PRICELINE EXPRESS deal for 2 1/2 star 8+ rating free parking wifi and breakfast. There are only 2 hotels that fall within those standards the hampton and town place suites by Marriott both look nice marriot a lil further than I'd like but do you have a guess on which it would be? I may bid under that price on 2 1/2 star as long as I won't get stuck with a 2 star

PRICELINE bids can be upgraded to the next star rating up ( If you bid for a 2.5*, you may get a 3*, for example) but a hotel cannot have its rating randomly upgraded.  PRICELINE uses its own star ratings and ratings commonly vary from service-to-service. You can see the list of hotels reported to the board here: Priceline Hotel List Colorado. As noted at the top of the list, those are only the hotels that have been reported to the board. 

When you say you're being allowed to bid the same bid multiple times are you actually finalizing the bid each time and having the service search to see if a hotel will accept or is it just letting you go through most of the process?

I understood... but as things are always changing (and constant testing is happening by most online companies) what if they no longer give any 'error' messages but instead default to a 'not accepted' message. In this instance your bids above would not have even be checked to see if there was availability since once the system saw it was a duplicate bid it would stop processing your request and give you a 'not accepted' message. I'm not saying this is the case, but it's a possibility... or as previously stated it could be a glitch in their system and it will work for a short while and then stop working (at least based upon previous experience)

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]