Priceline Hotel: Priceline changed my hotel - now what?

sparkykraps
By sparkykraps,
in

I selected a 3.5 star hotel using a PRICELINE EXPRESS deal. I received a decent hotel at an acceptable price in the location I was hoping for (old Lahaina town). The hotel had no resort fee. Now, 9 days from the start of my reservation, I received an email from priceline stating:

"We have received information from our travel partner advising us that

due to a system issue, your confirmed hotel cannot accommodate your
reservation. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this may cause
you; however, alternative accommodation have been arranged at the Maui
Eldorado Kaanapali by Outrigger, a 3 star property... The new hotel is
located...4.1 miles away from the original property.

Should you wish to accept this alternative accommodation, kindly reply

to this email with your approval or call us at 1-800-774-2354 on or
before your check in date so we can inform our travel partner to
finalize the arrangement."

I took a look at the alternative property and it charges a resort fee, a cleaning fee, and it is a 1/2 star lower than what I paid for. I called and asked if I had other options and was told that there were no other options. I spoke to two people and they were both obviously reading scripted answers. They offered to forward my issue to another department which would get back to me by email in 1 to 2 days. Does anyone have experience and advice on how to best handle this situation? What kind of outcome can I expect? 

My ideal outcome is to keep the original reservation, because I piggy-backed additional nights at the same hotel through another website. Not to mention, the town party located within walking distance, restaurant reservations within walking distance, shops, etc. 

As per our Our Rules and Policies:

While we welcome both positive and negative experiences, please keep in mind that the spirit of this message board is helping users.

If you have a complaint, problem, or question with a recent or upcoming Priceline/Hotwire stay, we will be happy to do what we can to help, but please be considerate of the board's primary goal of helping others and first post the details of your 'win.'

It is important for everyone to know when problems and customer service issues arise, but the majority of the users come here to see winning bid information... so please oblige them with this information before asking for them for help.

Please post the details of your win (star rating, city, zone, hotel name, room rate per nite, dates of your stay, and if a PRICELINE EXPRESS deal the amenities shown before your purchase associated with the property) in a reply to this thread and we will comment according. As well, as it's pertinent to your situation above, please also include when you made the purchase (so we have an idea of how much time lapsed between the time you made the reservation and the time that PRICELINE canceled it). Also, i assume the additional nites you purchased at the 'named hotel' was not purchased thru PRICELINE (and made thru some other service/hotel)? Are the additional nites refundable or was it a non-refundable rate? (i know this is not your goal but would be helpful in weighing your options)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]