Priceline Hotel: Help! Need Bidding Strategy for Hyatt Regency Chicago

ykh
By ykh,
in

You can't bid for a specific hotel.... are you willing to accept any hotel in the Loop zone? (what about the NMA zone)

Please also follow-up your previous Priceline Las Vegas thread with whatever you ended up doing for that portion of your stay (i know you received the other two nites of that stay at the Venetian)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

thereuare,

man, you sure have good memory:) I just updated the thread.

I think i can settle with any descent hotel on Michigan Ave at cheaper price. I'm from the chicago suburbs, basically just want to have a place to sleep for a nite in downtown:) What does NMA mean? I'm guess it's north michigan ave?

Thanks.

Yes, NMA = North Michigan Avenue

Look at Priceline's map of the area and see the dividing line between NMA and The Loop (as parts of each zone extend beyond what you would typically think of when you hear each of those names). Are both zones fine with you or only NMA (or only the Loop)?

If you really want the Hyatt it is believed to be showing on Hotwire for your date for ~$57/nite.

If either zone is fine, i just posted this for another user and you can follow the same:

Select 4* Loop...

Bid $40, if rejected close your browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* North Michigan Avenue...

Bid $40, if rejected add Loop...

Bid $45, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $50, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $55.

If the above is rejected you can then purchase the Hotwire offer for $57/nite (the price on yoru own search may differ by a few dollars)

If both zones are not sufficient for you and you would like a strategy for only one of the zones let us know and we'll update accordingly.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Are you not interested in the Hyatt Regency anymore? (as that hotel is located in Priceline's Loop zone, not the NMA zone (which is why i mentioned above to look at the boundaries of the zones, as they are not as you would expect))

If you really only want NMA then try this:

Select 4* NMA...

Bid $55.

If you really only want the Loop then try this:

Select 4* Loop...

Bid $55.

I suspect you will be confident with the bids in the Loop, but not as confident about your bids in the NMA zone, but you can try one and then the other if the first cycle is rejected.

Let us know how it goes or if you have any further questions.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]