Hotwire Hotel: 4* Orange County (Anaheim - Disneyland South) Hilton Anaheim

bynny8
By bynny8,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Although your departure is Valentine's Day (traditionally a very busy nite for hotels), this holiday falls on a Saturday this year and i suspect many will turn it into a weekend rather than just the solo nite. As well, i see a medical technology convention taking place over your dates, and while i'm not certain how big this conference is, it appears to at least be of moderate site... i suspect these two aspects (and possibly any other conference(s) i'm not aware of) are contributing to the higher than usual prices you're seeing for these dates.

HOTWIRE has what looks to be the Hilton Anaheim for $126/nite and the Doubletree Anaheim-Orange for $128/nite... are either of these of interest at this price?

PRICELINE EXPRESS has a 3.5* hotel for $119/nite with the following amenities:

Indoor or Outdoor Pool

Restaurant

Fitness Center

Free Internet

Business Center

... however, these amenities are offered at almost all 3.5* hotels in this zone so i don't have any insight as to which one this may be, but it does indicate that you should be successful bidding for not much higher than you have already tried.

Do you want to try to target one of the hotels above via HOTWIRE, take the PL Experss offer, or try bidding further on PRICELINE? If the latter, if you let us know your maximum bid we will suggest a strategy for you to follow.

If you prefer to wait it out, you can use our sister site RateDrop to receive an email alert should a 3.5* or 4* hotel in this area for your dates drop to your 'buy price'. You could then also use RefundableRates.com to book a cancelable back-up hotel while you wait it out in hopes of a lower rate.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed (or how it goes) and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the help! At this point, I'll probably try Price.line a couple more times, and if my bids are rejected, I'll go with Hot.wire.

Just to confirm, is Anabella Hotel a 3* property for both Hot.wire and Price.line? That's how it shows on their websites, and how it shows on BB's hotel lists, but I saw a poster who said they bid on a 3.5* property and got Anabella. I'm sticking with 4* at this point because avoiding that property is my top priority.

I looked at Hotwire a couple times today and saw a 4* for $111, and snapped it up.  It's the Hilton Anaheim, as you predicted.

I'm super bummed now to see a 4* with 95% recommended for $91, but that's the risk, I guess.  Regular price on that hotel is $364.  There's another 4* for $133 that's regularly $415.  Both are in the Disneyland South area.  Is it possible that those are Disney owned hotels?  Do those ever come up on Hotwire, for future reference?

Edit:  I see now that the Disney hotels are in the Disneyland North area. 

Congratulations on your success and thank you for sharing your results with the board.

Can you please add a reply to this thread with the amenities (including any 'accessible' amenities) HOTWIRE shows for this property when viewing your purchase history using the MY ACCOUNT link on the top right of their home page.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks, enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Indoor pool(s)

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Internet Access

Golf Nearby

Tennis Nearby

Spa Services

Accessible for Visually Impaired

Accessible for Hearing Impaired

Accessible Path of Travel

In-Room Accessibility

Accessible Bathroom

Accessible Parking

Roll-In Shower

Thanks again for your help!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]